Pro Junior Question

Frisco 57

Tele-Holic
So, if a recent Tweed MIM Pro Junior is a version IV and a black Tolex MIM Pro Junior is a version III. What version is the tweed USA made Pro Junior from the mid '90s? Would that be a version I or a version II?

InstantCoffeeBlue

Tele-Holic
If it's from the mid-90s, it's likely the original version, although to be honest I'm not sure what really changed with version II except for the color of the printed circuit board. Having owned a few, I don't think there's anything particularly special about the USA-made ones, either, unless you get one with the excellent Eminence-made blue-frame alnico speaker. The USA and Mexico ones were clearly assembled from the same parts. They've made them in so many different tolex combinations over the years that you can't really base it off the cosmetics, either. My current one is from the 1990s, made in Mexico, in blonde with a brown "dog bone" handle. Sounds great.

Frisco 57

Tele-Holic
If it's from the mid-90s, it's likely the original version, although to be honest I'm not sure what really changed with version II except for the color of the printed circuit board. Having owned a few, I don't think there's anything particularly special about the USA-made ones, either, unless you get one with the excellent Eminence-made blue-frame alnico speaker. The USA and Mexico ones were clearly assembled from the same parts. They've made them in so many different tolex combinations over the years that you can't really base it off the cosmetics, either. My current one is from the 1990s, made in Mexico, in blonde with a brown "dog bone" handle. Sounds great.
Yes, I've got two, both tweed, one USA made from 1994 and a MIM version IV from 2017. They are both 15 watt monsters but the MIM version IV has a bit better manors.