Pro Junior IV... just arrived home!

526THz

Tele-Meister
I wanted to share this happy moment with you all :)
Being 3 PM and having 2 little kids sleeping in the adjacent house I just plugged my Tele, switched the power on, volume at 2 and strummed 2 minutes. Just to check everything was ok!
But I'm very excited!
Best thing: I've fond it used (owner used it for some hours... so it's basically brand new) at 420 Euros ($490) it was a no brainer for me!

20211020_151337.jpg

RoscoeElegante

Friend of Leo's
Being 3 PM and having 2 little kids sleeping in the adjacent house I just plugged my Tele, switched the power on, volume at 2 and strummed 2 minutes. Just to check everything was ok!
But I'm very excited!
Best thing: I've fond it used (owner used it for some hours... so it's basically brand new) at 420 Euros ($490) it was a no brainer for me!

View attachment 911344

Congrats & enjoy! A great amp. Here's my happy review, FWIW:
https://www.tdpri.com/threads/new-amp-week-2-pro-junior-iv.1074550/

526THz

Tele-Meister

drewg

Tele-Afflicted
But I'm very excited!

View attachment 911344

Better than new; They just helped you break in the speaker a bit.

I never played through that amp, but I have to say I love the color of your tele. What model is that?

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
Have things set to recreate those noises. Have your wife put on earplugs and have her bang away at the guitar recreating the issue. YOU, have a pencil with an eraser tip and while she is strumming, see if you can isolate the buzzes with the eraser tip. DO it on the tubes especially. You might be hearing a microphonic 12ax7.

milocj

Friend of Leo's
Have things set to recreate those noises. Have your wife put on earplugs and have her bang away at the guitar recreating the issue. YOU, have a pencil with an eraser tip and while she is strumming, see if you can isolate the buzzes with the eraser tip. DO it on the tubes especially. You might be hearing a microphonic 12ax7.

This is a good way to track down tubes that are microphonic or just plain rattle. With a relatively new amp it could also be the chassis tube cage or almost any screw. It wouldn't hurt to just see if any of the cabinet screws want to easily turn a 1/8-1/4 turn.

I really like my Plum Crazy Pro Jr. Congrats.

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
This is a good way to track down tubes that are microphonic or just plain rattle. With a relatively new amp it could also be the chassis tube cage or almost any screw. It wouldn't hurt to just see if any of the cabinet screws want to easily turn a 1/8-1/4 turn.

Yes, there are a lot of screws that are of matter also. And wires too.

526THz

Tele-Meister
Better than new; They just helped you break in the speaker a bit.

I never played through that amp, but I have to say I love the color of your tele. What model is that?

Thanks!!! It's a Vintera 50 Road Worn. A special run from Andertons with Twisted Tele and 50s pickups in purple. I love it...

526THz

Tele-Meister

Great idea!!! Saturday evening, instead of a cinema or a restaurant! :)
The only thing is that I'm not sure I'll be able to find the cause!

526THz

Tele-Meister

That's another thing I thought about... anyway, I won't let this change my mind... I really like it too!!!

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
Great idea!!! Saturday evening, instead of a cinema or a restaurant! :)
The only thing is that I'm not sure I'll be able to find the cause!
WAIT! You are Italian! Cheese & a fine Red wine so your wife can laugh if you make any sparks. All kiddling aside, this measure should help you. I also lean on the amp while it is going, and hang over it so you look upside down in the back. Find the vibration!

526THz

Tele-Meister
WAIT! You are Italian! Cheese & a fine Red wine so your wife can laugh if you make any sparks. All kiddling aside, this measure should help you. I also lean on the amp while it is going, and hang over it so you look upside down in the back. Find the vibration!

I tried leaning too... and in the meanwhile it was interesting to hear a touch of feedback. Volume was at 3.... I wonder if volume were at 9 or 10!!

And I agree... red wine is the way to go!