Pro Jr. Cabinet Build Finished

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by jsnwhite619, Feb 6, 2015.

1. jsnwhite619

jsnwhite619 Friend of Leo's

I just wanted to share the pics of this cabinet I finished; I couldn't be more pleased with it. I do have one question though for thoughts & opinions. I left the half dozen rear panel screws out, and the two side screws that thread into the ears on each side of the chassis. My reasoning being that the rear panel screws were originally meant to mount to the chassis on a Pro Jr. and not the cabinet, so they shouldn't have any structural purpose if the panel is mounted to the cabinet like I did. I also assume that the side mount screws are to keep the rear panel and chassis from accidentally being torn out (since the panel is not attached to the cab), and therefore unnecessary as well with the rear panel setup I used. Am I thinking correctly?

Attached Files:

2. AirBagTester

AirBagTester Friend of Leo's

Nice work! I used to have a Pro Jr. and IIRC the back screws did basically hold the back panel on like you say, but I wonder if leaving them out means the chassis will vibrate some against your back panel since it isn't connected to it?

Maybe you'll answer your own question just by hooking the chassis up in there.

Nice box! Is it for a 12 or 10" speaker? (I can't quite tell if it looks bigger than the Pro Jr.)

3. BRoberts

BRoberts TDPRI Member

Looks Gorgeous! Are those 1/4" or 1/2" box joints?

4. dtermined2play

dtermined2play Tele-Afflicted

Looks fantastic. I love the hand woven amp stand too. Lol

5. jsnwhite619

jsnwhite619 Friend of Leo's

Thanks everyone! It's for a 10" speaker and 1/2" box joints. I built the dimension for a Blues Junior though.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.