Printing a pdf full size

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Chordophonic, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Chordophonic

Chordophonic Tele-Meister

2. skippolony

skippolony Tele-Meister

I had the same problem until some very helpful members informed me I had to update my adobe reader and then change the print size to poster which then printed full size.

3. amplifiedhermit

amplifiedhermit Tele-Meister

Try this PDF I've attached. I opened your original file in Illustrator and set it up as 4 overlapping 8.5x11 inch pages. Make sure you print at 100% size as opposed to letting the printer scale it down, because its okay if a little gets cut off on the edges. (Edit: I assumed you wanted Letter size, but I've also added one in Legal (8.5x14) that has 3 vertical strips).

Attached Files:

4. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Afflicted

Hit print then (Size) (Actual size) (Poster).. the PDF in question will print 12 pages in A4

5. tintag27

tintag27 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Make sure you have at least 2 measurements you can physically check on the printouts with a good ruler - one in the string direction, and one across the body direction...
    Most home printers I have owned did not print absolutely precisely, and some not even in pro, so that a measurement in one direction might be 99.5% accurate and in another direction might print 99% correct. In normal use this is not a problem, but when you are piecing together tiled output up to guitar size you could be out enough to encounter intonation problems in your build. Consider getting a bureau to output a one piece print...

6. Chordophonic

Thanks to everyone who replied, much appreciated!

7. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I use the assembled printouts for my outline....as long as the small black square is exactly right size...and some basic length/width comparisons made..... I sand my outer perimeters so they get some variance anyway.....

. I never use a printout for accurate measurement/placement of parts/routs....

I measure each body/rout/screw hole as I go, for accuracy.... always having the bridge/neck I'm going to use on hand....

8. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

For the larger plans I go to a print shop like Staples. Stitching together 12 pages is a pain so I spend a couple of dollars and get it done on one big sheet of paper. Cheap and easy.

9. HockeyPop98

HockeyPop98 Tele-Holic

Cheap and Easy! I found my new motto!

10. Tear

Tear TDPRI Member

i work at a print company and actually used a guitar template to calibrate one of our presses! ...... as long as you print it at the original size ,assuming the pdf is correct you shouldn't have a problem ...... i bought the cheapest printer walmart had 3 yrs ago and it still has an accurate output.

11. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

If only this hobby was like that...:lol:

12. Chordophonic

If only!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.