1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Printable guitar template PDF?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by iansmitchell, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewie219

Chewie219 Tele-Meister

Is the Lp Jr. with the p90 pickup routes? I am trying to find a gibson plan with p90 routes that I can marry with a wilkinson half tele bridge. Thanks for the help.

2. landsharkey

landsharkey TDPRI Member

A JR would have a single pickup, & 2 controls. This is for a Special with P-90 routes. They are similar other than the number of pickups and the control cavity.

Here's a commonly used JR plan -

Attached Files:

3. Redevo

Redevo TDPRI Member

Is there a metric pdf for a 69 thinline ?

4. justin72deluxe

justin72deluxe Tele-Meister

Just had a customer ask for a Gibson g 3/ ripper/ grabber bass custom build. Anyone have a pdf? I do have the pg template. I know its a long shot but this is the best resource for templates. Thanks in advance.

5. tarbie

tarbie TDPRI Member

Hi, can I stick in a request for a firebird template please if anyone has one. I can't offer much in return...maybe a template for a cat or a big bald head or something but I'd be eternally grateful anyway.
    Thanks veeeeeeeeery much.

6. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

7. storyboards27

storyboards27 Tele-Meister

Attached Files:

• Lead.png
      Lead.png
      File size:
      13.9 KB
      Views:
    perttime likes this.
  8. crazydave911

crazydave911 Doctor of Teleocity

Here's the neck at various nut widths, also, have you checked out Herb's (Adirondack5) snakehead build thread? :)

Attached Files:

9. Guitarnut

Guitarnut Friend of Leo's

I love the Lead series. The unsung member of the Fender line up. I have an '81 Lead II and I would love to build a few. Thanks for the plans. I'd be happy to check measurements against mine since you didn't have one on hand to verify when you made the plans.

Great contribution to this thread!

10. storyboards27

Thanks man! Let me know if there are any discrepancies and I will make changes accordingly. The only thing that most likely isn't right is the humbucker route for the pickguards on the Lead I and Lead III. I just used a standard humbucker dimensions. The original 'buckers on the Leads are pretty different.

11. Plank

Plank TDPRI Member

Thanks so much for these! I've been searching for Fender Lead series templates for years. I borrowed a friend's original Lead 1 back in the early eighties in junior high. I really liked it and his parents wouldn't let him sell it. Now I can make my own.

12. Guitarnut

I just did a quick check on overall dimensions. Your file shows to be 16.6" x 12.13" in Illustrator. My Lead II measures 16.75" x 12.25". But it's tough to know for certain with the large round over it has. I'd say the plan as drawn is pretty darn close. A few 1/100ths one way or the other isn't going to matter overall.

Not that it matters for anything but the bridges on the Leads used lock nuts instead of springs on the saddle adjustments. :cool:

Thanks again. I was planning 3 Strat builds but now I may build a Lead I instead. I have a Pearly Gates that needs a home.

13. storyboards27

Cool. If it's good enough for Guitarnut, it's good enough for me. :D Looking forward to following your Lead build!

(The bridge I just copied and pasted from some '72 Tele Thinline plans.:D)

14. avf925

avf925 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Thank you VERY much - this is SUPER Helpful!!

15. Serengeti1975

Serengeti1975 NEW MEMBER!

Awesome thread!

I'm looking for plans for the Squier Vista Venus and it's Venus XII counterpart. I've tried to buy these over the past few years and have now figured that it would be easier to build the things myself! Any help gratefully received.

16. VStrar

VStrar NEW MEMBER!

How to print it?

Can somebody tell me how can I print the PDF's with the real scale of the bodies? In other words, print it in more than 2 sheets of paper.

Thanks

17. jimdkc

jimdkc Friend of Leo's

If you have Adobe Reader X, the "Poster" printing feature makes this almost trivial. You can even set the amount of overlap you want.

In the Print dialog, just click the "Poster" button. Make sure "Scale" is set to 100%.

18. bubba105

bubba105 Tele-Meister

I use Windows & when I open the PRINT window, on the left, half way down, I set the "page scaling" to NONE from the dropdown. On the right it shows how many pages it will take to print. This should be 1-1 from the PDF. Check against known measurements, such as neck screw distances, to verify correct printing size. You should be able to print just that page to verify.

19. Guitarnut

Here are a few software tutorials I did for template making and printing. You might find some useful info. There's also a good deal of info on how to put multiple sheets together and get things lined up after you print.

Making Scale Drawings From Photos

Full Scale Mockups On a Home Printer

Peace

20. Rigel7

Rigel7 Tele-Meister

Hello all. I've checked all I can and I'm fairly confident this isn't on here. I'm looking at doing a project based on a Vox Mark VI (Teardrop). I was wondering if anyone had a template for that?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.