Princeton sounding Pitiful

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Tele-Belly64, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Tele-Belly64

Tele-Belly64 TDPRI Member

Last nite i was putting a new pedalboard together to feed to my Princeton Reissue, got ready for my traditional A minor chord strum and the sound was way of, getting no umph out of it, so i was checking all my patches and running over things of that nature, increased volume to about 5 or 6 and still no sound, went back to the think tank and i wound up searching for my buffer, threw it at the beginning of the chain and the volume issue was alleviated, then i broke out my verb/vibrato switch and when i turned the vibrato on it sounded like squat, i mean like a flat tire, literally the amp sounded like it was rattling out of control when i got it to about 5 or 6 on this dial, anybody out there got an idea or possible solution? Thanks for any advice, Later

2. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Plug straight into the amp and tell us what that sounds like. Troubleshoot outward from there, one device at a time.

3. Tele-Belly64

When you start dialing in the speed dial at about 5 it sounds like a helicopter taking off, only from the speed dial tho, the intensity can be dimed and no adverse reaction

4. dogmeat

dogmeat Tele-Afflicted

get the tubes checked

McGlamRock likes this.
  5. King Fan

King Fan Friend of Leo's

Yep, maybe start by swapping a known-good 12AX7 into V4, and if no better maybe into V3?

6. Peegoo

Peegoo Tele-Meister

Motorboating! Putt putt putt putt putt

7. Tele-Belly64

I'd say that could very well be happening with what i am hearing, it's a very predominant noise with a distinct seperation from pulse to pulse, the amp is only a couple months old and this is the first time i plugged in verb/vibrato switch, frustration has ensued, i am just Hoping i haven't damaged it too much, sounds like butter every other which-a-way

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.