1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Princeton Reverb talk!

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by teleman1, Dec 1, 2020.

1. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Afflicted

I had a SFPR that i sold, and walked into a PRRI.I had the stock Jensen speaker & A/b'd it with my 1x12 converted to 1x10 cab with a Celestion gold. I a/b'd them and was supersized how well the Jensen performed. But you could tell regardless, the cabinet was making all the difference in the world. So I played the stock prri and then installed it to the 1x10. THe improvement was vast ,especially with low volume deeper bottom end. Again this is stock Jensen to stock Jensen. Now I think the prri cab is that mdf sutff? And the 1x10 cabinet is tolex pine,(actually a x12 EVH cab) Long story short, I bought a PRRI head cabient and now use that 1x10 below it with the stock Jensen. Sounds wonderful and blows the prri combo cab out of the water. In past discussion of the PR, I was always amazed that people start jamin a big 12 in the rear:oops: of the PR, when, just buying a much better sized cab for a 1x12, would be wunderlust.
    In conclusion, I have a head & a 1x10 cab. The cab is maybe 20 to 25% bigger than the PR cab and my prri sits on top. If i were to need a bigger sound, I have a 1x12 with a Celestion gold in that and that sound phenomenal.

Anyone else doing this, thinking of it? Or are you jamin that 12 inch in that tiny thing. The C10r is a great match for that cabinet.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.