1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Princeton reverb build

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by Meteorman, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Meteorman

Meteorman Tele-Afflicted

Been pullin the cabinet together. Fender tele color scheme on curly maple.
    Antique (reissue) radio grille cloth

A2D07300-13DF-4FCC-B9FE-8F4D3DD14962.jpeg DD09277D-744E-4B50-9913-B58348C39151.jpeg E0856B1F-D65F-490E-9A01-5EF45262FBED.jpeg 88890C13-FBBA-4C86-8F7D-E69BE52402D9.jpeg

2. Meteorman

Meteorman Tele-Afflicted

I fired up the amp following Rob's startup procedure --- passed all the checkpoints --- and I am really pleased with the sound of the amp.

One problem though - it seem like my reverb is not working, or at least it's never on.
    I made my own very simple foot switch - as per below, except I omitted the whole LED/battery circuit. So its pretty simple Tip (white) Ring (other white) and Sleeve (both blacks). It seems to turn on/off the trem but have no effect on the reverb.
    with the footswitch RCA cables completely removed, the trem is always on and again no reverb.

I isolated all RCA jacks from chassis EXCEPT the reverb OUTPUT jack - did I get that wrong ? it looked like (on Rob's layout) that one should be grounded to chassis - I couldn't tell from Hoffman's layout.
    Pic of RCA connections below.

Its a MOD 4AB2C1B tank with insulated input and grounded output.

There's 363V on the V2 plates and 142V on the V3 plates.

thanks for any tips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Pick_n_Strum likes this.
  3. Meteorman

Meteorman Tele-Afflicted

never mind - found my issue - shorted cable

4. Meteorman

Meteorman Tele-Afflicted

been playin thru the PR for a while now - it's my go-to amp now - until the wife tells me to knock it off, and then i can hit that in/out switch pedal, turn on RobRob's Deluxe Micro, slap on the earphones, and then my bad playing annoys only myself

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.