Prince Tremolo Reverb the 2nd

Bitsleftover

Tele-Holic
Thanks Will!
Amazingly for me, yes!!!! It’s powered up and sounds great from the get go. I had a slight issue with the reverb cutting in and out, but that was a dodgy phono cable.
I dropped a 325r cathode resistor in which took the dissipation up to about 107% and it really started to come alive.
The reverb sounds great but there’s some hum coming through with it set above half way on the mix dial. But I never really set it that high anyway. I’ll chopstick around and get rid of that now I’m back home for a while.
The tremolo sounds great. Although the first 1/3rd of a turn does nothing, then all the action comes in the last 2/3rds. But that’s ok. A Reverse taper pot would probably sort that out but I can’t find one for love nor money. Maybe I could play around with some fixed values to get rid of that, but I have it as a pre-set and forget type deal at about 2/3. If I get tempted to fiddle with it, two red hot tubes burn my finger tips and I soon reconsider! (Should have put more thought into the pot placement)
Ive since added the -ve feedback/10uf V1B bypass cap switch and no-surprise for me, gravitated to no -ve feedback and maximum gain boost position. It works really well though if versatility is an aim.
Stock 5f2a, V1B boost, vibrochamp tremolo.
I’ve ordered the parts to add a John DH attenuator into the cab to set it at a more marriage conducive volume level which will mean I don’t have to have my stand alone attenuator plugged in. Then yeah….Pretty much my dream “grab and go”! Shame I don’t actually “go” anywhere any more… but it sits well in the living room. It really does tie the room together!
I’ve just dug my recording gear out the loft so I’ll try and record and post few clips this week.

Last edited:

willholt92

Tele-Meister
Thanks Will!
Amazingly for me, yes!!!! It’s powered up and sounds great from the get go. I had a slight issue with the reverb cutting in and out, but that was a dodgy phono cable.
I dropped a 325r cathode resistor in which took the dissipation up to about 107% and it really started to come alive.
The reverb sounds great but there’s some hum coming through with it set above half way on the mix dial. But I never really set it that high anyway. I’ll chopstick around and get rid of that now I’m back home for a while.
The tremolo sounds great. Although the first 1/3rd of a turn does nothing, then all the action comes in the last 2/3rds. But that’s ok. A Reverse taper pot would probably sort that out but I can’t find one for love nor money. Maybe I could play around with some fixed values to get rid of that, but I have it as a pre-set and forget type deal at about 2/3. If I get tempted to fiddle with it, two red hot tubes burn my finger tips and I soon reconsider! (Should have put more thought into the pot placement)
Ive since added the -ve feedback/10uf V1B bypass cap switch and no-surprise for me, gravitated to no -ve feedback and maximum gain boost position. It works really well though if versatility is an aim.
Stock 5f2a, V1B boost, vibrochamp tremolo.
I’ve ordered the parts to add a John DH attenuator into the cab to set it at a more marriage conducive volume level which will mean I don’t have to have my stand alone attenuator plugged in. Then yeah….Pretty much my dream “grab and go”! Shame I don’t actually “go” anywhere any more… but it sits well in the living room. It really does tie the room together!
I’ve just dug my recording gear out the loft so I’ll try and record and post few clips this week.
Ah great news, it's turned out beautifully mate.

I remember an Unlce Doug episode where he made some mods for the tremolo pot sweep which might be of use.
Aw that'll be awesome, is that an L pad attenuator?

Haha yeah me niether these days, but nice to have the option there in case. 😂

Tweed amps always look good in a living room, essential decor in my book.
Look forward to some clips.