1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Prince inspired T build

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by moskasound, Apr 20, 2021.

1. moskasound

moskasound TDPRI Member

I’ve always admired the Hohner Tele copy that stayed in Prince’s Arsenal his entire career, so I set out to put together my own, starting with a double bound alder Allparts body, roasted maple Warmoth body with ebony fretboard. Bridge is a combination of modern features and vintage vibe...Fender USA brass saddles. Sperzel locking tuners round out the hardware. Pickups are Fender Yosemite.
    One of my my nicer builds...a great player.

Attached Files:

2. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Excellent work - that’s a fine looking guitar. Where did you find the pickguard material?

3. preactor

preactor Tele-Holic

Great looking guitar. How do you like those Yosemite pickups?

4. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Afflicted

Nice! Love the pickguard, that is the hardest thing to find for a "Prinz" Tele, I ended up ordering a sheet of material from Europe and it's not as nice as yours.

moskasound likes this.
  5. Happy Enchilada

Happy Enchilada TDPRI Member

I just started my own Tele build, and I was inspired by another post featuring a pickguard like this one - so unique! I tracked down this exact pickguard from a link on that post - Warmouth makes it, and it's the exact thing you need on a regular Tele. This pickguard is styled after the '69 Thinline - but the controls on that body follow the curve of the lower bout instead of being in a straight line like most Teles. Warmouth's "F-style" or whatever they call it is different - control route is in a straight line ala regular Tele, so they sell this pickguard! Only caveat is you need to use a normal control plate with it. I'm writing this because I just stumbled onto the Warmouth part, and it saved me hours of attempting to fit up a standard '69 Thinline pickguard. And it lets more of the gorgeous curly maple top stand out.

moskasound likes this.
  6. Willie Johnson

Willie Johnson Tele-Holic

Tuscaloosa Minnesota! I dig it.

moskasound likes this.
  7. moskasound

moskasound TDPRI Member

Thanks a bunch! Warmoth is the only source I know for that pickguard material. It’s a satin finish.

8. moskasound

moskasound TDPRI Member

I really like the Yosemite pickups. Great articulation and punch. Plus, the price makes them the best in class IMO.

9. moskasound

moskasound TDPRI Member

Yes, the pickup template on the Warmoth site is quite nice! It saves hours of aggravation from misfit guards.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.