pricing on CS Telecasters all over the place

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by LarryJunior, May 17, 2019.

1. MichaelDCarter

MichaelDCarter TDPRI Member

I had GC do a huge discount on two CS teles, once the JB 3 tone sunburst and one a Nocaster. I've never had them discount anything before where it was substantial. I have to thank them. If they hadn't agreed to discount the first one before I picked it up I would never have played it. Now I have two of the best sounding, versatile instruments I've ever played.

2. golfnut

golfnut Friend of Leo's

Theres a music store here in Ontario Canada (about 4 or 5 locations) that has a reputation as shady. They seem to price Custom shop Fenders (probably other stuff to) a couple thousand above what other stores are charging then if you haggle them they get down to about what other stores (such as Long and Mcquade) are charging. It seems like a used car salesman approach at getting you to commit and he'll give you his best deal.
    I think they mostly get their shady rep from taking online orders, accepting the payment then the guitar is not in stock and this goes on for a few months while the purchaser fights for their money back.
    I once dealt with the owner of the store (who brags he's sold guitars to Keith Richards; and now you know the rest of the story) and I was close to buying a relic nocaster from him but I got that slippery salesman vibe and decided not to.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.