Pressure washers

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

What do you have?

What do you use it on?

How do you like it?

2. Silent Otto

Silent Otto Tele-Meister

just say no...
    pressure washers aerosolize dirt and mold
    they should be illegal

63dot likes this.
  3. Kirchensfan

Kirchensfan Telefied Ad Free Member

AR Blue Clean. Check their specs on their models. I have their smallest compact unit that I use for paved areas, blacktop and concrete, vinyl siding and the car. But I live in a senior community and the property area is not very large. I have had it 2 yrs, and very pleased with the quality and performance.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  4. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

Generac. 4.5 horse Briggs engine.

I wash 3 cars, 2 tractors, a boat, a Kubota RTV, second story windows, decks, lots of odd small jobs.

It's very handy.

5. Wallo Tweed

Wallo Tweed Friend of Leo's

Porter Cable/Honda engine. Use it for lots of stuff.
    If you are going to use it heavily, spend the extra bucks and get a Honda engine.

6. LoveHz

LoveHz Tele-Holic

Had a Karcher but the motor packed in. Fortunately I can borrow one if I need to blast the driveway. But Silent Otto is right -- these are not very healthy devices. Always wear a good mask and goggles.

7. Deckard

Deckard Tele-Afflicted

It's was a Briggs and Stratton before a catastrophic engine/pump failure lol. Now it's nothing which is a total pain for work now.

8. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

I have a Craftsman, a lot like the one pictured.
    When I got it, about 7 years ago, it was the smallest gas powered model Craftsman offered.
    It's been perfect for what I need, blasting the green stuff of of the vinyl siding every spring.
    I suspect I'll be firing it up this weekend.
    [​IMG]

9. fuffydingo

fuffydingo Former Member

Cheapie Home Depot special, $109 Ryobi. Perfect for Jonny Homeowner.

10. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The zero turn mower of yesterday.

Stuff designed for commercial/industrial use that was marketed to as many homeowners as would take the bait once the original intended segment was saturated.

99% of homeowners need neither.

But - like a lot of stuff at HD/Lowes, it appeals to the inner "man" that lives inside many cubicle eunuchs...

"It's always better to know someone with a power washer than to be that someone..."

- Confucius

Silent Otto likes this.
  11. still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Tried it twice - once with a rental and then once borrowed a friends underpowered thing. Dirty, slow, lots of work.

Now, I pay a guy once a year to do the sidewalks, driveway and rear patio/pool decking. He's got a commercial one, plus wears the gear to keep the flying crud off of and out of body parts not meant to be exposed to stuff like that. I can say we're both happier with this arrangement.

(Bonus: like the yard guys I now pay for the first time in my life, it gives me time to play guitar with the amp cranked, and the neighbors won't be bothered because of the racket already going on outside :))

12. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I borrow a friends once a year, Honda engine. They do the job, just don't need it more than once a year or so.

13. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm looking for that statistic. Got a link?

14. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

[​IMG]

$300 Troy-Bilt from Lowe's.

It does a great job keeping the siding on my house, the deck, the cars, the patio furniture, the driveway and walkways, etc., etc. clean.

15. Commodore 64

Commodore 64 Friend of Leo's

Had a craftsman, the motor was great. The pump lasted half a season. Crap aluminum. Replaced the O-rings. Aluminum cracked. Looked into buying a brass or steel pump for it, but that cost more than the washer.

Plus, patios are supposed to get used and be dirty. I shoulda spent the $300 on a guitar. Or maybe beer. Either would have been a better choice.

I'm biased obviously, but I think any engine is good enough, as long as you keep oil in it, and winterize it. If I were to buy another, I'd make sure it had a good pump. first and foremost.

16. Grabsplatter

Grabsplatter Tele-Holic

A small Karcher. I use it to jetwash our hotel. Loads of people burn wood during the winter here, so there's loads of soot on everything by spring. In a day, I can do pretty much all the external walls, all the balconies, the yard, the pool, and the terrace. I tried using detergent once, but it was no better than just water.

Great little thing.

17. Telesavalis

Telesavalis Friend of Leo's

I recently purchased a PW after much research and looking at options at Lowes and HD
    and went with the Ryobi
    1600 PSI Electric Pressure Washer

Model: #RY141600 | Home Depot Sku #: 1001185673

it's was under $100 bucks and does exactly what I needed a PW to do. I've used it to clean wood fencing, siding and soffit, and use it for my cars and motorcycles, even the driveway, and it does fine. I like that it's easy to store and fits on a shelf, doesn't require gas, and is very light weight.
    I had previously borrowed a bigger gas powered PW from a neighbor and it was too powerful for the jobs I needed to tackle. This one was perfect for my needs.

18. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

I just put my thumb over the end of the hose.

19. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yeah - I got it right here...

william tele likes this.
  20. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Something from Lowes. Remove mold off the North side of the house and clean the bricks and driveway.
    Like most "make life easier" stuff, it doesn't. Takes up space and isn't used enough to warrant having it.

I have several items that are used rarely like Gas Generator, Chain Saw,electric plumbing snake, the thing that turns off the water at the meter, timing light, drum brake tools etc. Handy when you need them but they sure take up space.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.