1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Premier Guitar Mystery Stocking 2020

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by DuckDodgers, Dec 2, 2020.

1. DuckDodgers

DuckDodgers Tele-Meister

Anyone else grab one? It sold out in around three minutes- maybe less. Ive gotten one every year, but never snagged anything beyond strings, straps, and unusable picks ;-)

2. Edgar Allan Presley

Edgar Allan Presley Friend of Leo's

I'm not a gambling man, but I can see how it might be fun.

3. neilshane

neilshane Tele-Meister

I got in right at 11 and it wouldn't even let me in! BS I say!

4. fidopunk

fidopunk Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I couldn't get in at 12 EST and said, "oh well". Then I was on the most boring Teams meeting of all time and tried again around 1-- got through. I've done it twice before. One was great, another was incredibly disappointing. Just felt like gambling today.

I'll preemptively put it out here. Whoever is an XL on here can have the shirt they send me. It's always an XL.

neilshane likes this.
  5. gregulator450

gregulator450 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Got one for the first time last year, strings, picks, swag-type stuff. Didn't bother with it this year but I'll give it another go next time around.

neilshane likes this.
  6. G&Lplayer

G&Lplayer Tele-Meister

Got on right on time and actually got one. We will see if I get anything useful, an XL shirt won’t do me any good.

neilshane likes this.
  7. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

Got a bunch of crap the last two years. I'm out.

fidopunk likes this.
  8. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I never win anything.

9. gtarman59

gtarman59 TDPRI Member

I got a rock.

10. DuckDodgers

DuckDodgers Tele-Meister

I just received notice from PG that my stocking had been shipped First Class Mail... and I’m pretty sure guitars don’t generally ship First Class Mail. It might be a pedal, but I think it’s another box of straps and strings. Next year for sure.

11. G&Lplayer

G&Lplayer Tele-Meister

Yep, USPS notice also. Maybe it will be something cool.

12. DuckDodgers

DuckDodgers Tele-Meister

The usual box of crap: An ugly strap, a set of strings I’d never buy, a microfiber cloth, and one of those pedal knobs you can move with your foot. There must be a warehouse full of them, as I got one last year, too.

Of course, I’ll still buy it next year. It’s the only gambling I do.

Attached Files:

electrichead and fidopunk like this.
  13. fidopunk

fidopunk Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Mine just showed up. I got a microfiber towel, a bag of picks, a knob thing for pedals so you can adjust them standing up (I got one last time and haven’t used it), a 1/4” jumper cable, some buttons and coupons, and a strap.

So yeah, it’s worth what I paid, but another year of, “eh”. I didn’t need any of this. More stuff to store.

14. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Afflicted

They're scamming people out of 40 bucks for that? I've never heard of the thing before but I'm not really impressed if that's what they're putting out!

bgmacaw likes this.
  15. xStonr

xStonr Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

My box came with a set of strings, one of those glow in the dark pedal knobby things, a pair of ear buds for hearing protection, a amplified parts T shirt. Not worth the money spent, but I look at it more of a way of supporting Premier guitar. If I had scored something better then it would be a win.

16. DuckDodgers

DuckDodgers Tele-Meister

It’s actually over $40 worth of stuff. But the point of the stocking is not that you’re going to love whatever you get. You’re really buying a chance at the high-end prizes, the pedals and guitars. Putting something of value in every box simply makes it legal. It’s a raffle.

17. 1 21 gigawatts

1 21 gigawatts Tele-Meister

It is a great strategy to clear aged inventory that businesses usually wind up liquidating at pennies on the dollar.

Looks like someone really overbought those pedal knobs...

18. BradKM

BradKM Tele-Holic

I got one of the pedal knobs, which I'll use...I've got an out-of-control fuzz pedal it'll be perfect for...a strap I actually like a lot, a pack of strings and a "Pure Tone" multi-contact output jack. That last one was actually serendipitous. I'd been meaning to replace a failing jack on one of SGs and just hadn't gotten around to it. Just popped it in.

This is the second year I've gotten a stocking, and the results were similar to last year. The best thing in the box the first time was a G7th capo, which I never would have considered spending money on when Kaisers are usually half the price. But now I absolutely love it and would probably replace it if lost.

19. G&Lplayer

G&Lplayer Tele-Meister

Mine is listed by USPS tracking as arriving Dec 8th but being late. The last location was leaving Cedar Rapids on the 4th. Just how my week is going, first the heat pump part of my furnace craps, then my stocking goes missing.....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.