1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Premier Guitar Mystery Stocking 2020 BS

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by neilshane, Dec 2, 2020.

1. neilshane

neilshane Tele-Meister

I always get it in on the Premier Guitar Mystery Stocking. I never get anything good, but it's fun to try.

I was ready to go this year. Hit the submit button at exactly 11 a.m. Got the sold out message. How is this remotely possible?? How can it sell out instantly? And if it did, how did people even get in?

I think the whole thing is some kind of scam. I don't get it.p

Did anyone get one?

2. DuckDodgers

DuckDodgers Tele-Meister

Looks like we posted threads about the same time. I managed to snag one again. I kept refreshing the window until it showed the form. I clicked... and got an error message. Refreshed twice, got the purchase screen. I filled that out quickly using auto-fill, and submitted it inside of two minutes. Going back to the first screen I saw a "Sorry, sold out" message.

neilshane likes this.
  3. neilshane

neilshane Tele-Meister

I got to a screen that had an enter button. I clicked it and it was already over. Literally within 30 seconds. My god.

4. neilshane

neilshane Tele-Meister

Well, true to their word they did open up more stockings and I was able to snag one! WOOT!

5. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

It's not a scam, it's just supply, demand, and timing.

It's like flying on Southwest Airlines (no seat assignments), where you can log in 24 hours prior to your flight and receive a boardeing number to be among the first to board. This allows people to grab the primo seats. For me, it's an exit row because of the extended leg room; I'm a sasquatch.

Well, you start tagging the Website about 30 seconds prior and you get the "It's Not Exactly 24 Hours Yet, Ya Moron" error massage a few times and then BANG it works. And instead of A or B boarding groups, you get C or D. That's why I don't fly Southwest.

Southwest also does a shyster move and retains boarding numbers A-1 through A-20, and you can pay an additional $40 at the gate for one of those.

DuckDodgers and neilshane like this.
  6. gtarman59

gtarman59 TDPRI Member

I got the Sold Out message, but there was an entry form on the screen, so I tried it. It worked, and mine just arrived today. I got:

A Fender strap,
    A set of acoustic strings,
    A Glow Knob option knob,
    And an EMG lanyard.

That’s it. Not worth $40 IMO.

7. blipndub

blipndub NEW MEMBER!

After many years I finally was able to purchase one after the initial server error I think they had. I was really trying to keep expectations low but even so I was pretty disappointed. First and last time for me! Weird Daddario strap and some guitar picks etc. should have bought bass strings instead!!

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.