pre slotted string nuts?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by teleup, Apr 7, 2012.

1. teleup

teleup Tele-Holic

I have a 2009 Fender American deluxe tele, the high E slot was cut too deep and buzzes so I order a graph tech tusq and found it to be a little short in the overall dimentions, I contacted graph tech and the nice people replaced it with another style that is wider but the spacing is too narrow also it`s a flat bottom so I had to shape it, my American deluxe has a 9.5 radius so this where I`m at..
    the stock E to E spacing is 35.05MM..the 2nd. replacement string nut `s E to E spacing is 34.59MM..it`s unusual because the A/D/G/B string spacing is spot on but the high E and low E are "tighter"
    I see Stew Mac has a pre slotted bone nut with a E to E spacing of 35.56
    I`m wondering if I should just order that one?
    are there any other high quality pre slotted string nuts out there for an American Deluxe Tele with a 35.05 E to E spacing?

Thanks

2. wemedge

wemedge TDPRI Member

Sorry I can't help with the pre-cut nut, but if it's only one slot that's off on your tele you may be able to fill it (at least for awhile) with superglue and baking soda, then reshape the slot. That will last you awhile. Even you buy a new pre-slotted nut you may still have to file the slots.

cheers,
    wemedge

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  3. teleup

teleup Tele-Holic

yeah I could fill it, I`d rather just replace it, I did install the tusq nut that has the narrow spacing, 34.59 E to E It also has the flat radius on the bottom, ..I wonder why graphtech doesn`t just make an exact replacement for the American series tele?
    I`m also researching the earvana

4. aunchaki

aunchaki Friend of Leo's

StewMac is selling pre-slotted vintage bone nuts now (they also have the Tusq ones). They may not be 100% drop-in, but much of the works is already done. They have flat-bottomed and curve-bottomed ones for Fenders.

[​IMG]

5. teleup

teleup Tele-Holic

has anyone tried the stewmac pre slotted bonenuts on an American series Tele?...I think thats the route I`m going

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.