Powering the Fulltone Soul Bender

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by ShortintheSleeve, Jan 22, 2019.

1. ShortintheSleeve

ShortintheSleeve TDPRI Member

So I just purchased Soul Bender, but I have no desire to power it using the adaptor plug (it's a center-positive pedal).

I power my board with a Truetone 1Spot brick with isolated power. Could I use a Truetone reverse polarity cable? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1SpotCYR--truetone-1-spot-reverse-polarity-converter

One of the reviews on that link says the guy tried it with the Soul Bender, but then the rest of his pedals didn't work. I'm assuming he was running a daisy chain and not a brick with isolated power, but I was hoping someone on here has had success with my intended approach.

I'll just go with the 9V battery route if necessary.

Gunerius likes this.
  2. Gunerius

Gunerius Tele-Holic

Can't help you here, but I do prefer my fuzzes with battery juat because I keep them off board and swap out alot. And fuzzes draw very little current...

pedro58 and ShortintheSleeve like this.
  3. pedro58

pedro58 TDPRI Member

Same, here. I use a battery for my SB and for another center-positive fuzz. I just don't want to fry them and the battery lasts for a long time.

ShortintheSleeve likes this.
  4. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Great pedal.

I use a battery with mine.

If it’s any consolation, this thing does NOT eat batteries.

I have left the pedal plugged in for multiple consecutive days several times and still haven’t changed my battery in over a year.

ShortintheSleeve likes this.
  5. ShortintheSleeve

ShortintheSleeve TDPRI Member

Based on the feedback, I'm definitely going the battery route. Thanks for the info!

ac15 likes this.
  6. vegetablejoe

vegetablejoe Tele-Holic

As far as I understand these center-positive pedals, even with the proper TrueTone adapter plug, they must be isolated (on a different power line) from other center-negative pedals. It's really been less complicated for me to use a battery for my Soul Bender.

7. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, mine is running on its own adapter because of the center negative. on a true isolated power supply, the reverse polarity adapter should work fine, but I haven't tried it.

I might go the battery route myself, but mine does stay on the board and plugged in....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.