Powered Speaker suggestions

Jaysmay

TDPRI Member
Need ideas on putting together a system to play backing tracks and songs with.

Thinking of getting some Klipsch powered speakers and using my phone or iPad to play You Tube backing tracks or Apple Music tracks.

I'd play guitar through my Princeton or 57 Champ.

Thanks

Anyone out there do it this way or have suggestions?

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
There are so many choices these days it could be dizzying.

Before Bluetooth speakers were popular I used my sweet classic Tivoli radio, wireless speakers with and without wire. My favorite above all is is the Yamaha THR AMP. I have the OG 10 model and the product family has expanded.

To start, just the amp itself is wonderful beyond most small amps for home playing. It has a dynamic and pleasing tone at home volumes with lots of tone options. Where it becomes truly amazing for what you discuss is the way it has a separate input for your phone, iPad or another source. That input can be mixed wonderfully with the guitar's out put.

Going beyond all that, you can use some pedals in effects loop style with the THR being very nice and pedal friendly with a clean slight reverb tone.

Icing on your cake: 1) the THR can also be battery powered and 2) Yamaha class act has been software updates for the product beyond what most do with solid state and modern stuff. I suggest some searching here for THR.