Power Supply

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by guitarndrms, Feb 25, 2020.

1. guitarndrms

guitarndrms TDPRI Member

I’m looking for something similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S68CXJD/?tag=tdpri-20

I don’t like that it’s not grounded and I’m worried about the durability. I have combined my electric and acoustic rigs so that I have one board that will do any gig. See picture attached, I don’t love the way the supply is mounted to the board either. Anything out there I’m missing? I’ve searched and come up with nothing. Trying to keep my pedalboard with one power cord. I’d like to neaten the cables up as well.

Attached Files:

2. Chief101

Chief101 Tele-Meister

At that price it’s probably worth taking a chance on. I’ve used a BBE Supa Charger for years with great reliability.

3. tah1962

tah1962 Tele-Afflicted

Do those TC pedals require 12 volts? If not, for the amount of pedals you have, you could use a 1-Spot and daisy chain cables. I believe the 1-spot will handle up to 1,700 mA.

4. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Why not get a rechargeable PS, and ditch the power cable all together?

5. guitarndrms

guitarndrms TDPRI Member

The play acoustic requires 12V, the Nova System has a standard 3 prong power cable. I went with the hyree due to it having the standard outlets as well.

6. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

did you notice the outputs are rated for 100ma and only one 9V out that is 500 ma , not enough draw capability to push a pedal board of any size even the 12V and 18V are 100ma
    great idea ,great design ,not big enough. JMHO

7. Switchy

Switchy Tele-Holic

I have 2 of those. They work fine. You actually don't want it grounded because that's how you get a ground loop.

Anyway, it's $20.00 bucks. It has an actual 110 plug while other products have a wall wart for power.
    You want something better? It's going to cost you around $100.00 for "better" and isolated ground features.

8. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

Ooo...I like that! I'm ordering one. Brilliant!

9. archiemax

archiemax Tele-Meister

I bought one of those low-priced power supplies & had to send it back; way too noisy. I got one of these recently, have done a dozen or so gigs with it & it works great. Powers my Roland GR-30, seven stomp boxes and a TC-H Mic Mechanic. I keep it plugged in while I'm gigging.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DJQLFDH/?tag=tdpri-20

10. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

This one is cool and useful because of the outlets. I currently use a One Spot, which is fine, but how bad could one this be?

11. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

Me, too, on my big board. Always does the job and I never, ever have to think about it. Solid!

Got a Volto 3 for Christmas, for my little board. Haven't used it much but it's quiet and holds the charge a long time. Good choice.

12. Peegoo

Peegoo Tele-Afflicted

I use a Tech 21 Fly Rig 5 ver1. It has tap-tempo delay, chorus/modulation, reverb, three-knob EQ, clean/drive, overdrive, and boost. All effects sound really good.

These run on 12vDC, so I built a small board from 1/4" Lexan, installed some stick-on rubber feet on the bottom, steel cabinet handles to protect the plugs in the jacks, and added a 12v rechargeable li-ion power pack (Talentcell brand, less that $30 on Amazon) designed for remote camera applications. The power pack runs the Fly Rig for more than 40 hours between charges, and it has a 'fuel gauge' on it to show charge status.

I also added a plastic ring over the SansAmp switch because it stays on all the time (prevents me from tapping it off), and I added a half-round aluminum bar across the top to protect the small knobs from getting stomped on. This thing is bulletproof, and I carry it in a small padded laptop bag with the wall-wart charger and spare cables.

All it needs is a cable running to the guitar, and a cable running to the amp.

[​IMG]

ravindave_3600 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.