1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

pot values for lace sensors??

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by danieldeblanke, Feb 20, 2008.

1. danieldeblanke

danieldeblanke Banned

I inherited a MIM strat from a friend, and I have decided try the lace sensors in it. I have seen some internet discusions describing higher pot values and "a tone mod", with the lace sensor pick ups.... but can't hammer down details....

I'd appreciate anyone's .02

2. thekillingjoke

thekillingjoke Tele-Holic

My suggestion would be to follow the wiring diagram on the Lace Music Products website. They suggest 250k pots. Don't worry about whatever "tone mod" they're talking about. I doubt you'll need it.

3. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

I have Hot Golds in a partscaster. I used their wiring diagram with the 250 Kohm pots. Sounds great. I made one change, however, I used a0.033 or a 0.044 cap in lieu of the 0.022 (I believe it was the .033 I left in). Gives a little more tone "authority". See wiring diagram here:
    http://lacemusic.com/wiring/pdf/1.pdf

One other thing I am going to do, but havent got to yet is to set up the tone controls ala my Eric Johnson Strat. That is, I will wire the bridge to one tone pot and the neck to the other and leave the middle pickup not hooked directly to a tone pot. That gives you a couple of more options tone wise IMHO.

4. Fourth Feline

Fourth Feline Tele-Holic

I use their 'Holy Grails' - and the standard 250K pots 0.47 microfarad caps sound ideal. This concurs with what Lace recommend on their website.

5. danieldeblanke

danieldeblanke Banned

great !

thanks all...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.