Post your World Series predictions right here!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Colo Springs E, Oct 21, 2014.

1. The Bone

The Bone Friend of Leo's

I definitely didn't realize Romo had such a problem throwing that many pitches.

2. The Bone

The Bone Friend of Leo's

How awesome is it that the home plate ump is right there, right on top of the plate.... one of the very cool things about baseball...:D

3. tiskit86

tiskit86 Friend of Leo's

I hate to admit this, but i'm ready for computers and lasers to start calling balls ans strikes. There's still enough for a home plate ump to do, but watching a needlessly inconsistent strike zone in an important game just does't make sense to me anymore. The only thing that would give me pause is how much of an impact it would have on batting stats. I'm not in favor of changing anything that would interfere with stat comparisons across prior years and decades.

4. The Bone

The Bone Friend of Leo's

Unfortunately, baseball has become a great TV sport, and the coverage is such that the replay is absolutely necessary. Unfortunately....

5. telemethis

telemethis TDPRI Member Ad Free Member

Complete Bum!!!

6. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Is Bumgarner the best post-season pitcher ever??

7. stealyerface

stealyerface Tele-Afflicted

MadBum was unbelievable last night. They had no answer for that dude's magic.

Now the question is: Can Peavy dial up something special tomorrow night?

He can not. Blow out win for the Royals Tuesday evening at the K.

This is going to seven games, and it is going to be a dogfight for the title.

~syf

8. tiskit86

tiskit86 Friend of Leo's

Stats say probably yes. He doesn't throw away the play at third in game 2 of the LCS and I'd say definitely, yes. But I'm a hard guy to please obviously.

Is Buster Posey the best postseason defensive catcher and game caller in history? Offensive numbers not withstanding, he's been behind the dish for a hell of a lot of great series. He's 25.

Feel bad for Taveras. RIP.

9. Buzzin_Cousin

Buzzin_Cousin Tele-Holic

The question is: how will Bochy manage the pen now that were rounding the last lap? How long will he keep Peavy in, with Petit able to go 6 IP?
    If it's managed like game 2 was, the result could be the same. If it's managed like it's the last game of the season......

10. Buzzin_Cousin

Buzzin_Cousin Tele-Holic

I'm not a Cardinals fan, but I was listening on the radio when Tavaras made his mlb debut. It was against the Giants in st Louis this summer. They were saying he was the Cardinals Puig.

Also watched him tie up game 2 of the NLDS.

Very sad and I was shocked.

11. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

So deeply sorry for Taveras and his gf. It is awful when anyone passes, but so young and so full of promise... Mike Matheny is a good guy and I know he has got to just be sick to have lost such a good young man, someone I know he cared about...

Juan Perez and Taveras were close apparently and he dedicated himself to Taveras last night... he claims his big hit came as part of that dedication.

I think Peavy IS a big game guy. The Royals have always had his number... Since Boch can't do what I would love to see (Timmy!) I think Jake will get it going, last 5 and the rest of the pen brings it on home.

Game 7 will be the Hudson Bumgarner show.... if it goes that far...

12. tiskit86

tiskit86 Friend of Leo's

I'll take 5. I'll even take 3, with Petit owning the next 3. I couldn't help but look up Jake's numbers vs current Royals and they aren't so good. I doubt Boch leaves him in long if he gets in trouble. All hands on deck, as they keep saying. Hopefully he goes right after them, gets some good D, and a few breaks. What I really want to see is the G's bats go off, early and often. But Ventura looked real sharp against them last time.

13. Colo Springs E

Hoping KC sends it to a game 7!

14. tiskit86

tiskit86 Friend of Leo's

Wow. Total meltdown in 1 inning.

Guess we'll see Timmy. Probably Strickland too. Save everyone for tomorrow.

I'll be the first to admit my psychology around watching sports is wacked. I wonder if I write this one off in my head right now, then maybe I can enjoy the rest of the game in some other capacity?

Or go take a soak.

15. The Bone

The Bone Friend of Leo's

Exactly. There are so many better things to do than watch a blow-out baseball game.

16. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

Looks like there will be a game 7. Expect to see Bumgarner for at least three innings some time during that game. Only the second 7 games series in the last 13 years - should be a good one.

17. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That kinda depends on whether your team is the blower or the blowee...:D

18. Colo Springs E

Pitcher or catcher :lol:

19. tiskit86

tiskit86 Friend of Leo's

Here's my amateur strategy. Bumgarner is not a reliever. Tell him tonight to start preparing like tomorrow is his next scheduled start and just start him. He's at least as good as anyone else they could throw out there. If he looks fatigued early, fine, take him out and manage batter by batter with everybody else you got the rest of the way. Otherwise, let him go till his arm falls off. Saving him for later in the game just puts him in a place he's never been.

20. Buzzin_Cousin

Buzzin_Cousin Tele-Holic

They will throw the kitchen sink at them tomorrow. Whoever didn't pitch tonight (Petit excluded) will probably be in the game at some point.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.