1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Post your Non-Fender Teles

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by googaboogaloo, Aug 3, 2011.

1. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Tele-Afflicted

Squire counts? They say it's not a Fender.

Classic Vibe Butterscotch Blonde. Modified it with overwound vintage neck at 9k, single coil sized rail humbuckers at 11k, Fender electronics - 4 way switch (neck, neck + bridge tap, bridge tap, full humbucker), 500k vol pot, 500k with no-load 500k tone pot. This baby rocks (I play hard rock)! It also gives me a wide range of tonal capabilities. I'm thinking of a d-tuner so I can drop-D easily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clipper likes this.
  2. Tobias

Tobias Tele-Meister

G&L asat special tribute... see avatar pic. Knocked #1 off its throne.

Is less wellbehaved and makes me rock more.

3. adamsappel

adamsappel Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Greg Bennett Formula FA-2 by Samick.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Well, I posted in this thread back in 2011, when it wasn't a zombie. But I've added another non-Fender "tele," so I'll update mine post.

I still have the same three Logan Custom teles I had six years ago, these...

My fourth is my Logan Custom "Firecaster." In 2010, I had a house fire. Significant damage to our 81 year old house, but the firemen rescued all of my guitars. They came out of my burning house with the two guitars that were in the living room on stands, and asked if I had any others. I said yes, and they asked where. I told them, and they went back in and brought out the rest of my guitars! :p I've always figured that at least one of them had to be a player! ;)

So, during the rebuilding process, I personally was involved in the demo work. And I salvaged as much of the original lumber as I could, 81 year old Douglas Fir roofing joists and old growth Long Leaf Pine planks from the ship-lap construction walls (exterior and interior). A lot of the lumber was re-purposed into the house, but I saved some for guitars. I had the idea of this before this thread was started, but didn't get around to the guitar build project until about a year later. The body core was made from the two by Doug Fir lumber, but chambered to make it lighter. The top of the guitar was made from the one by planks of Long Leaf Pine. Since the woods had been construction grade lumber from 81 years ago, it had knots and blemishes, as well as nail holes and of course scorching from the fire. All of it shows in the top of the guitar, as I wanted it to. In looks alone, this guitar tells its own story. Of course, since it's a telecaster style, I had to call it my "Firecaster."

It has a set of Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups in it, with a 5-way switch,and Bob Logan's stainless steel bridge plate.

5. Swiftandbold72

Swiftandbold72 TDPRI Member

Rick Parfitt tele rep,built using proper correct parts inc nitro paint,baseball bat ash body,3 ply pickguard with black vinyl covering,relic’d fender hardware and modded bridge
    DCCDA381-85E1-4E8A-AD93-696EC293A7EE.jpeg 91EECD5D-C9E0-420B-B1A9-8E5D640D8E1A.jpeg C574E0FA-2C3E-4CBA-A70C-234A33AF0267.jpeg DAF322EE-A673-4F0B-B64C-6BE3ADA14574.jpeg 98A0A9AE-E3F2-44C4-A711-3291479FCF1A.jpeg

Attached Files:

6. trahx

trahx Tele-Meister

Michael Kelly '53
    Michael Kelly 53-1.JPG

Lefty Addams likes this.
  7. knopflerfan

knopflerfan Tele-Afflicted

Holy smokes is that a beauty!

8. knopflerfan

The flame on the neck of your blonde Tele is beautiful.

9. knopflerfan

porknblue - those are some really beautiful and interesting Teles. Can you explain some of your wiring mods? I'm thinking of converting my Tele 3-way to a 4 or 5. Thanks.

10. knopflerfan

Cool looking Tele. Love the green with MOTO pickguard.

11. knopflerfan

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.