Post Your Favorite Acoustic

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by noah330, Dec 7, 2011.

1. 64Strat

64Strat Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

Something a little different.... a 1917 F4 - the Gibson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  2. 64Strat

one more.... a 1966 Guild F47

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  3. DMace

DMace Friend of Leo's

That's a work of art!

4. DMace

DMace Friend of Leo's

Yessir, weighs about nothing and Booms! Gorgeous ultra-dry, woody tone. Got it off Craigslist last year for $450. Never give up on CL. The deals/steals are still out there! :cool:

5. wpete

wpete TDPRI Member

Here's my Larrivee forum IV guitar, a 00-03 all Mahogany. These were a special build for the Larrivee forum and mine is #26 of 29. Nice little couch guitar - full 25.5" scale and 12 frets to the body.

Attached Files:

6. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

In the front is my 2003 Taylor 312CE, I just can't say enough good stuff about the axe. I acquired this a month or two back from the GC USED website for quite a deal..ok, to the left is my 1989/52 RI..it's the bomb ! Oh, and that Breedlove C250 ain't no slouch either, for the money it's also a bomb ! Both of those axes have allowed me to retire my 1969 Guild D35 which I bought new...as good as I feel the Guild is, it can't compete with the Taylor. The Breedlove and the Taylor are totally different players and have totally different feels. Both excellent. I use them on and off for different styles of playing, the Taylor has a very fast low action neck while the Breedlove has a tad wider neck and just a tad higher action.

Attached Files:

7. simonc

simonc Friend of Leo's

This is my humble 2011 D-18 Standard, its starting to show some real signs of wear already, which has me somewhat concerned ( the top has got a crack in the nitro radiating from the bridge) & I've bumped it on a couple of things....
    There's also the new 2012 D-18 with scalloped bracing as standard, which Im spewing about buying mine a year too early for this spec. Cest la vie!

Attached Files:

8. Darrell

Darrell Friend of Leo's

My number 1 steel string - 2002 Gibson Modern Classic Rosewood J-45, My number 1 nylon string - 1969 Yamaha Rosewood No. 160 GUT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Martin OM-1

[​IMG]

The Martin (on the right) sounds really good with it's bone saddle and pins. It's comfortable to play too, with it's smaller size and 1 3/4 inch nut width. Still, the FG700 was my first acoustic and there's nothing wrong with it. I like them both, but, yeah... The Martin.

10. rjes

rjes Tele-Meister

My Washburn sounds real good and plays like butter :cool:

Attached Files:

11. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Although my first post here will always be my fav this one is my most sentimental.

First guitar I ever got for cost from a company and it's #4 of 100. This has been on every continent aside from the poles. It was all broken but I got it back yesterday and it's playing better then it did when new.

IMHO the ultimate stage acoustic guitar:

[​IMG]

12. Swingbass

Swingbass TDPRI Member

Here's my beloved '63 Hummingbird

Attached Files:

13. Muttcaster

Muttcaster Tele-Holic

This 'un:

This 'un's #2:

14. DMace

DMace Friend of Leo's

Very nice. I'd love a Proulx. What year is the D-28?

15. Muttcaster

Muttcaster Tele-Holic

Proulx for sale:
    http://www.cottenmusic.com/inventory.html
    No affiliation, although I did set it up.

D-28 is a '73 w/ extensive modifications.

16. wood&steel

wood&steel TDPRI Member

I know a lot of people live their Taylor but I thought it was terrible. Sounded thin and the Expression system crapped out and popped constantly. Taylor fixed it once and 3 months later the same thing. I will never ever ever buy a Taylor. My harmony sovereign kills it all across the board as does my brothers hd-28 and Alvarez jumbo. Taylor is waaaaaaaay overpriced and from my experience recorded terribly. Wasn't that impresses with the 800 series either. I'd take a good Tak any day over any Taylor. Just my honest opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

17. 64Strat

Interesting. Well, thanks for 'your honest opinion'! but I thought this thread was about a favorite acoustic you own and play... not slamming an entire brand like Taylor across the whole specrum of every model and every serial number they have ever made. Maybe a bit of a sweeping over generalization? Further, you provide no information on what model you had the bad experience with or a picture of it other than the faulty electronics which is a bit of a separate issue for an acoustic guitar. What is really curious to me is why the heck did you even buy it to begin with?? This part of your story is a real mystery.

Anyway, because you slammed the entire brand categorically, I will offer you one, that is way beyond your dismal review of Taylor. Here is my 1992 all Koa wood Taylor K20. Beautifully balanced tone from the low notes, to the high ones. A superb neck shape that enhances playability and lastly, the absolute 'eye candy' the Koa wood provides. This is a guitar that I'll never part with and it records extremely well with a good quality LDC and a SDC mics aimed correctly at it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the best!

18. wood&steel

wood&steel TDPRI Member

@64 Strat- sorry I was at the bar watching the game and was in a rare mood lol I had a 410ce. I bought it because I did like it when I played it in guitar center...and I couldn't afford the Martin I wanted lol. The electronics could have been a fluke random thing that only happened to me. I will say that Taylor was very nice about fixing the problem. And I forgot to mention I do love what I think is the grand auditorium series? Sorry about the negative post..very heated game viewing at the bar had me raring I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

19. 64Strat

ahhh...!!! you're a good egg after all!! Good on ya! well done.

Every brand has some issues every now and then... never let a dud throw your opinion too far to one side. Glad you came around! Best!

20. John E

John E Tele-Afflicted

Here's my Kronbauer

I pretty much exclusively gig/record acoustic now... My primary Acoustic is a custom built from Canada, from builder Trevor Kronbauer. He gave me a great deal since we did a soundclip for his website that streams while you browse.

Here's some pics of it being born about 4 years ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a link to Trevor's website... we are the second song streaming ("Were you there" by Sundad)

http://www.kronbauerguitars.com/main.html

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.