Post your cheap Teles!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Telecasterguy, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Paulfreebird

Paulfreebird NEW MEMBER!

My babys

I have just joined the site but have been following it for a little while, I have played in a couple of bands a WHILE ago lol was 21 now 56, I play rhythm, love country, Rock n Roll blues and rockabilly so a telle is ace I am teaching this old dog some new stuff, blues lead, well trying lol so here is my tele, Made by Vintage, with Wilkinson hardware, all taped out with copper tape, upgraded volume and tone pots, upgraded US 4 way switch, orange drop caps for tone and treble bleed, pearl topped controll knobs and put back together sounds real good:D I am happy with it lol. I also have a Squire Strat an Encore LP and a Washburn Acoustic. :cool:

Attached Files:

2. cocoboudin

cocoboudin Tele-Holic

here's my 3 IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg Cocoboudin

3. gtrman56

gtrman56 TDPRI Member

My 2005 Squier Affinity Tele with Wilde L45s and L48tl pickups. It also has a black pearl pickguard and replacement stainless steel bridge saddles.

image-1280669953.jpg

4. DreadSi

DreadSi TDPRI Member

I have a mim squier in a sort of brick red sparkle color. The feel of the guitar was so much like the 90's standard I had I sold the standard. Previous owner put a pearloid guard on it and likely never played it as it is immaculate. I put a 4 way switch and upgraded pot kit from mojotone and replaced the trapezoid tuners with a set off a Mexi standard. I also put brass individual saddles from a G&L on it. Altogether I have $165 in it. Plays like buttah.

Attached Files:

5. phoenixash

phoenixash Tele-Holic

I swapped some crap I had lying around and don't use anymore for a straight swap for this beauty slowly becoming my favorite.

[​IMG]

6. Belhade

Belhade Tele-Meister

Beautiful! Love the red, and I have a Furrian too (though it's cream white)

Sent from my EVO Shift using TDPRI

7. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

Here's my Xaviere Thinline.. Totally blown away by the quality of this guitar.. So much more than what I expected.. Going to swap pups, pots & switch but not really needed to enjoy this guitar..

8. Stringbender11

Stringbender11 Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

A blurry pic of 'the twins': two identical '89 MIK Squier Teles. Completely stock. :)

9. cocoboudin

cocoboudin Tele-Holic

The first is a Xaviere XV-820 mod as a esquiere whit a Cavalier Lion(Rob Distefano), the second is a SX Furrian reverse plate whit 2 gfs Alnico Fatbody Oversized Polepiece tele set(bridge 7K) and the third is a Jay Turser tele mod whit a set of Twang King from Dimarzio. Those 3 are not fender but they are good enough to gig or play live, to my opinion they are comparable to high quality guitar. Cocoboudin

10. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Pair of Classic Vibe Squiers.

[​IMG]

11. dwlb

dwlb Tele-Holic

$110 Affinity, only mod so far is the pickguard and knobs.

[​IMG]

Guitar Center $80 Squier tele with GFS retrotrons and new knobs. Currently my main gigging guitar.

[​IMG]

12. guitarmikey

guitarmikey Tele-Afflicted

My Affinity with DIY leather pickguard, waiting for the pearloid one to come - better match with pearloid-black knobs. Added bone nut and GFS Lil Puncher XL set.

Attached Files:

13. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

All my guitars are cheap,

But this one's probably my favorite...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'm a sucker for a good Esquire!

14. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

That is a beauty !

15. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

No-name..... but with aftermarket pickups.

Attached Files:

• 023.jpg
      023.jpg
      File size:
      31.6 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      43 KB
      Views:
  16. reayvon

reayvon TDPRI Member

Here's another Wesley and it's a beauty!! Bridge pup is a bit harsh but the neck is sweet and warm. Guitar really well finished, lovely neck, frets all levelled and dressed when it arrived. John Wesley no longer makes them but you can find him on Facebook, look for John Wesley Guitar Services

image-1187568079.jpg

17. Telegazer

Telegazer Tele-Holic

I know there's a European TDPRI member here that has one (+ black Bigsby B5) and probably paid more than I did for mine, but over here they pop up on the used market around $150, which is about what I paid for the one I have. The very ugly Swing T-thru (early MIK model).

[​IMG]

It came in burl (like the above), maple, bubinga, and rosewood on cheap mahogany wings, w/multi-piece neck (a very thin one at that) and 9.5" radius fretboard. A good sounding guitar with a pair of decent humbucking rails that can be split, it's very ugly but does its job quite well, I've probably used mine on nearly half of the jingles I've done for Samsung Mobile.

It's reportedly still in production, albeit now made in Indonesia and no longer has coil-splitting switches on the humbuckers. Would wholeheartedly recommend getting one as a "Swiss Army" extra in your collection in the unlikely circumstance that a T-Thru somehow comes your way.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  18. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Pawn shop relic!

Picked this ugly ol thing for 100 bucks! Don't know muck about it, but its got a huge fat neck. Nice & lite.

Attached Files:

19. Rhythm Thief

Rhythm Thief Tele-Holic

They don't come much cheaper than my Jedson Tele ... finest plywood body and horrid cheap components throughout. I love it - it was my main gigging guitar for years - and have even spent time modding it ... it now has phase reversal switches for each pickup and series/parallel switching.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

Squier Telecaster HS Special

[​IMG]

Squier CV '50s TeleGibbed and SX Furrian with Strat Tremolo

[​IMG]

Another shot of the SX Furrian

[​IMG]

Jay Turser Paisley

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.