Post a song by a Nineties artist whom you feel has been deeply forgotten.

Geoff738

Poster Extraordinaire

Imo one of the top ten albums ever to come out of Canada. I’ve said that here before. But nobody’s heard it. I stand by my opinion.

Cheers,
Geoff

acoustic rob

Tele-Holic
There was a band out of Champaign, IL called Sarge. Smart, snappy punk-pop led by a woman named Liz Elmore. They were starting to gain some national buzz but the band broke up when Elmore moved to Chicago to go to law school. Too bad. I really liked them.

magicfingers99

Friend of Leo's
Gonna begin with Shawn Colvin. Sunny Came Home is a good song, but that's about it. She actually did a covers album called Cover Girl that included covers of songs by Bob Dylan, Sting, Talking Heads and Tom Waits, among others. It's a shame she never got the recognition as say, Sarah McLachlan or Sheryl Crow.

My friend Ginny has seen Shawn Colvin in concert 5 times.

But if you want to post a song from a forgotten Nineties act, do it here.

Daisy Bell

1892 - the real 90's

Si G X

Tele-Afflicted
My favourite Canadian band.... To be honest I don't think they were ever known enough here in the first place to be forgotten but I liked them and didn't forget them.

Last edited:

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
World Party from 1990.

That one, Ship of Fools, Is it Like Today, the run with Waterboys. Big love for Wallinger.

Spacehog song above was such a hit (the hooks are unreal), I don't think I gave the record a chance, but I'm sure it's around here on CD.

Couple of power-pop ish bands I liked back then, Chicago and Belgium. Great guitars on both imo.