Possibly my favorite Les Paul...

charlie chitlin

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
...is a Telecaster.
This WRHB is like a great PAF.
In the neck and middle positions, this guitar delivers all the goods of a great Les Paul.
Giant sound, sustain, articulation, woody...
Middle position offers that slight bit of that mid-rangey twang that comes from a great pair of low output PAFs.
Not to undermine its Tele-ness by making it out to be something it isn't, but the neck pickup really makes it a very different species.
I sometimes buy guitars as an investment, but only guitars I like because I want to play them for awhile (often years) before they go down the road.
Every now and then, one becomes a keeper.
I never thought I'd fall for a 3-bolt Tele, but there ya have it.
20220408_111558.jpg

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
...is a Telecaster.
This WRHB is like a great PAF.
In the neck and middle positions, this guitar delivers all the goods of a great Les Paul.
Giant sound, sustain, articulation, woody...
Middle position offers that slight bit of that mid-rangey twang that comes from a great pair of low output PAFs.
Not to undermine its Tele-ness by making it out to be something it isn't, but the neck pickup really makes it a very different species.
I sometimes buy guitars as an investment, but only guitars I like because I want to play them for awhile (often years) before they go down the road.
Every now and then, one becomes a keeper.
I never thought I'd fall for a 3-bolt Tele, but there ya have it. View attachment 992567

I've wanted a Tele Custom for a while now, but I'd like to have one with a thinline body.
Oh well... I'm sure Fender CS can slap one together for me after I win the lottery though. ;)

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
I played a Tele with dual WRHB's. It was a sweet sound. They're nice as they are not over-driven like a lot of HB's. Warm and mellow, clean. A nice combination for those not wedded to a traditional Tele.

Deathray

Friend of Leo's
I bought an American Original custom last year. Your description of the tone is dead on. I still love my LP, but the custom can pull off anything a LP can.
9F7CD3E0-2A96-44CE-B2B4-9368E3FC5E96.jpeg

charlie chitlin

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
There are $200 Les Pauls that deliver the same groceries as well.
It all makes the owners of the high-priced spread clench and unclench several times a minute.
But do they have bumblebee caps, vintage Centralab pots and the correct alloy and thickness brass thumbwheels?

horseman308

Tele-Holic
Best Fender of 'em all. I'm a pretty dedicated LP player, but it's awful hard to pick between thos one or a good LP these days for me.

SixStringSlinger

Poster Extraordinaire
But do they have bumblebee caps, vintage Centralab pots and the correct alloy and thickness brass thumbwheels?

Man, I love getting finicky about details for the sale of accurate reproduction, aesthetic etc., but to claim any of that is the make-or-break of a particular guitar :lol::lol::lol:

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
The 2V/2T setup is a tweaker's delight.

If I didn't have my '76, I'd probably own a Mexican or Japanese one, by now. Of course, the pickups aren't quite as good.....but they're near enough, for a lot of applications. Underrated.

DSCF0301.jpg

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
My Deluxe partscaster is a pretty different beast, but it is a rock monster! EVH Wolfgang PUs, Fender locking tuners.

I recently discovered the "MIM 60s profile neck" I got for ~$200 is actually a MIM Classic Player Baja, and it may be my favorite neck ever.

telecaster gray.jpg