Possible trade - 52 AVRI for LP Traditional

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by AlbertaGriff, Feb 15, 2019.

1. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Afflicted

Way back in the early 70s when I was just starting guitar and all I had was my cheapie Eko Ranger acoustic I was offered a play of a real Les Paul in my local friendly music shop. Does anyone remember the quality of the average cheap guitar in those far off pre Squier, pre Tokai etc days? Awful. Kids today don't know they're born etc etc.

Well, just the feel of that Les Paul has always stayed with me - it oozed quality. Much as I love my Fenders, and although I still have reservations about how it sounds in my hands, I got the same feel from the LP Traditional I bought last year.

Enjoy yours, AlbertaGriff.

20181024_102211.jpg

noah330 and AlbertaGriff like this.
  2. AlbertaGriff

AlbertaGriff Tele-Afflicted

Yes, I think I will always gravitate towards my Tele the most, but this Les Paul does feel nice.

WingedWords likes this.
  3. Achysklic

Achysklic Tele-Holic

The traditional is worth a lot more

4. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

The Traditional is the Standard, or at least what used to be a Standard right? I would do it in a minute.

AlbertaGriff likes this.
  5. AlbertaGriff

AlbertaGriff Tele-Afflicted

Yeah this is a Traditional T which is like an old fashioned Standard. Two humbuckers and two controls for each. There was also a Traditional HP which may have had some fancy pickup control stuff, but definitely had a weird neck to body transition.

I'm pretty happy with the trade, it definitely is a lot different sounding than the Tele was, when compared with all my other Fenders.

noah330 likes this.
  6. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Cool man! I def would have done the same.

AlbertaGriff likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.