Pop-ups (grrrr...)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Rowdyman, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Rowdyman

Rowdyman Tele-Meister

Good morning All,

I've been getting, "Your system has been compromised", BS, pop-ups over the last several days.
    It completely, 'locks-up', my browser and I have to, "Ctrl/Alt/Del", and close everything down to get rid of it.. (annoying)

It's happened three or four times in the last couple of days, including just a few minutes ago, when I was just browsing through the, "new posts". I hadn't even clicked on a post yet!

Anyone else? (I am using IE, btw) Cheers, RM

Damitboy likes this.
  2. ecoast

ecoast Tele-Holic

hint: malwarebytes

MattyK-USA and nojazzhere like this.
  3. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Install Firefox, then ublock origin plugin.

If that doesn't fix the issue then you have a virus that dug in deep to your system. You'll need to get exact wording from whatever it is giving you and do a google search of others that experienced that with 'solved' in the search. Most likely it is a corrupted IE.

Jim603 and Nubs like this.
  4. DennisM

DennisM Tele-Meister

Mine has been doing it daily for a couple of months. As you say, control, alt delete to log off, then all is well. It's annoying.

5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

I'm pretty incompetent, computer wise, and this has happened to me a few times. I use Malwarebites, but I've also had to do a "System Restore" a few times in the past. Restores your computer to a point BEFORE the "virus" took hold. Good luck!

Damitboy likes this.
  6. Damitboy

Damitboy TDPRI Member

7. Damitboy

Damitboy TDPRI Member

I got that from going to backingtracks few months back. Had a friend bypass it don’t know how but she’s a wiz. Can’t help but just to say I get a better feeling from helping people than screwing them up...I just don’t understand

nojazzhere likes this.
  8. nojazzhere

There's just a lot of animosity, anger, and hatred out "there"......I don't get it either.

9. Damitboy

Damitboy TDPRI Member

Man,is that your ax (duh) speak before i think. Thats a nash dlx??? If so what yr??? I am still doing, redoing my bridge w/limited funds but its mine, it should always be here
    A few scratches,filled holes, but it plays, i am getting off thread subject but we live, breath,think guita.......

Attached Files:

10. nojazzhere

I tried to message you about my guitar, but an error occurred. My avatar is a 1993 made in Korea Fender Squier that's had ALL kinds of modifications. If you can message me, and really want to know, I'll elaborate. Best wishes.

11. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

The original issue is not from a virus. It's a browser object that gets loaded "on display". A combination of Malwarebytes used to remove browser helper objects and cache items, along with an ad blocker, will eliminate the issue. Also, web sites where you found the issue are to be avoided - they might not be aware of it happening, because they are probably using AdSense or a similar service and have no control over what ads get served.

12. Damitboy

Damitboy TDPRI Member

Yup gotta take care of regular stuff then get down to business, siitting in air conditioning, tune up if necessary,and relax.
    That,ax of yours is every bit put together from the looks. I need to bounce around a few ideas, so I’ll be in touch later, just learning the history of Fender and related manufacturers is a brainful

nojazzhere likes this.
  13. Damitboy

Damitboy TDPRI Member

S
    apologies for walking all over your post,getting off subject

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.