Pop Fusion Backer

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks Carl, this is a good sounding BT, but imo it's too hard, I could go to school on the hard rhythmic side but I just haven't the time right now.
If it was a looser thing it would be much easier but the rhythms are very tight and syncopated, and required. Imo it requires the player to be as tight as the band, maybe post something more accessible and you'll get jammers.

Ain't nobody here but us (me) chickens.

Last edited:

klasaine

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
You don't have to hit the accents. I got the two really obvious ones and left space for most of the horn/ensemble hits. All it took was playing over it a few times.
And, though it seems like there's a lot of changes - it's really just in E minor penta or E blues. Other than the chromatic stuff, that's how I approached it. I didn't even bother figuring out the chords.

Last edited:

Carl_Tone

Tele-Holic
You don't have to hit the accents. I got the two really obvious ones and left space for most of the horn/ensemble hits. All it took was playing over it a few times.
And, though it seems like there's a lot of changes - it's really just in E minor penta or E blues. Other than the chromatic stuff, that's how I approached it. I didn't even bother figuring out the chords.

Sounds great!! very Steely Dan! Reminds of Walter Becker in parts.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire

I wish I could play the 16ths, I just choke. But I'll give it a try. You do have a sort of Walter vibe. Very nice.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire

My defeatist attitude pops up
in the beginning of hard tunes.
It will get me every time. But later after a couple days I try again and often have some level of success, and sometimes it never really works.

You gave me a reason to do it Ken. I want to laugh at my demons. Or lose knowing I tried, while the demons laugh at me in my walk of shame.

udoering

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Track sounds great, and I downloaded it. But I think I will have to work on my playing before I can record something worth it. Neertheless, thank you very much for this bt!

Carl_Tone

Tele-Holic
I played it, not what I heard in my head, but it was fun.

Three takes,

Fusion Rock

That was pretty cool! The tone was great and you had a nice way of starting out and finishing up. The thing about tracks like this is you grow into them. Keep it around (as I have for at least 10 years) and you’ll feel totally comfortable with it. (I feel that one of the most important things about a track is, for me, it needs good drumming. I don’t get along well with the drum machine ones. )