Pop culture pop-up ads and other lies

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LGOberean, Oct 14, 2019.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

You know the ones I mean, things like this…

“Max Baer, Jr. is almost 90 & how he lives now will make you especially sad.”

Such pop-up ads are the Internet equivalent of those supermarket tabloids/gossip rags. Case in point: Max Baer, JR. (of The Beverly Hillbillies/Jethro Bodine fame) is actually 81 and worth $50 million. I suppose those perpetrating deceptive pop-ups like this one would defend themselves by saying...

“Well, he’ll turn 82 in a couple of months, so he’ closer to 90 than most of us. And if you’re the envious type, seeing how a multi-millionaire lives might make you sad.”

Just another rant from the grumpy old men constituency that is TDPRI. I return you now to your Tele talk.

2. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

That's why I'm happy I use a hosts file to block virtually all auto-generated spam-ads. If ads weren't so terrible, I wouldn't do it but between nonsense and worse things like malware redirects I think it's necessary.

3. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

no way, the internet never lies! in fact, NOBODY ever lies... nobody is ever selfish and nobody ever acts out of self interest. I know this because.... I read it on the internet or made it up and either of those sources are true....

besides, you can have 50 million dollars and still be a miserable POS.... ask Don Felder! ha ha, gotcha!

4. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

^^^

:rolleyes:

I'm not a Max Baer, Jr. fan boy, I was just speaking some of those facts I read on the Internet, which you've already declared to be a reliable source. So there, right back atcha! :twisted:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.