Poor Farm Blues

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Strat62, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Strat62

Strat62 Friend of Leo's

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13861553 click on the link; share if you like

Up in the mornin', asscrack of dawn get out to the parlor; get the milkers on go to clean the barn, turn the cleaner on the chain, it breaks; it's almost gone (chorus) The govt gives you a low-interest loan instead of a milk check you get a suicide phone number got the poor farm blues. (verse) Got so many bills that I can't pay if I could set my own price that would be a way to get out from under, get some breathing room instead of working under a cloud of doom (chorus) Some of my equipment is a hundred years old my tractors are so worn out, they couldn't be sold my body is failing; my joints let go they fill you full of painkillers; scars on your soul (chorus) My family's been here for over 200 years seven generations working the fields cutting timber in the winter; at least it'll yield a little bit of cash for a decent meal (chorus) I hate to think of what the future holds this just isn't working, and I'm gettin' old wall street investors; they just don't care they want the means of production; it just ain't fair (chorus) Poor Farm Blues April 5 2019

stevemc and decker like this.
  2. decker

decker Tele-Holic

Good stuff; had a little difficulty hearing the words though.

3. Strat62

Strat62 Friend of Leo's

That's why I print them out in the post. I'm not much of a vocalist. And thank you-it means a lot to me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.