Poodle case

vhilts1

Tele-Holic
Prior to the 60s poodles were seen as an inferior dog breed and were often raised to be hunted and their hide’s used for various upholstery applications

As such .....early Fender guitar cases were lined with poodle pelts.....hence ....poodle cases

The 1st Fender poodle case was a gift given to Leo by none other than his right hand man Freddie Tavares (who was an avid and renown poodle hunter) as a way of selling Leo on poodle lined cases

teleplayer99

Tele-Holic
Prior to the 60s poodles were seen as an inferior dog breed and were often raised to be hunted and their hide’s used for various upholstery applications

As such .....early Fender guitar cases were lined with poodle pelts.....hence ....poodle cases

The 1st Fender poodle case was a gift given to Leo by none other than his right hand man Freddie Tavares (who was an avid and renown poodle hunter) as a way of selling Leo on poodle lined cases
Unreal...as a lover of history, I truly appreciate the knowledge you gave me.

vhilts1

Tele-Holic
We are talking poodle dogs right? As an owner of a 3 part cross poodle, I find this very distressing. :cry:

I understand.....but history is what it is.

Fortunately another California institution had a large part in ending the barbaric treatment of poodles

Hollywood

The success of dog movies/tv shows really created a large outcry about poodle skin upholstery products and by the early 60s poodle hunting was almost totally eliminated.

That era ^^^^ is where the phrase “that shouldn’t even happen to a dog” comes from btw

Faux poodle pelt upholstery advances also made it a moot point due the fact it’s extremely hard to tell from the real thing and it lasts much long and is much cheaper along with being easier to install

This is why real deal 50s poodle cases in good shape bring MAJOR $$$

Real poodle upholstery is hard to find in good condition

Collin D Plonker

Tele-Afflicted

16257562067895431613812641738302.jpg

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member

Si, I used to hunt the poodle, but that was before I knew better.

iu