1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Poly Neck on Squier CVC Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by BelairPlayer, Jun 24, 2010.

1. BelairPlayer

BelairPlayer Tele-Afflicted

Hello,
    I tried out the CVC Telecaster over lunch and found the Poly neck kind of disconcerting. I'm used to playing tung-oiled/satiny necks. How well would sanding the Poly down on this neck work if I can't learn to love it? Can it be maid to look nice and satiny, or will it just look trashy, like I attacked it with abrasives. I have no experience working with the poly finishes so any answers are better than my stock answers. :)
    Thanks for looking/answering.

2. BlueMidnight

BlueMidnight Tele-Meister

I use a green scrubbing pad on the back of my poly necks. It feels and looks great, you just need to re-do it every six months or so.

3. BelairPlayer

BelairPlayer Tele-Afflicted

Are you talking standard off-the-shelf 3M greenies? or that synthetic nylon steel wool? IOW does it have a grade/grit? or is it just run of the mill cleaning pad?

4. slickschoppers

slickschoppers Tele-Holic

I'm sure you already know taht the shiny poly finish is not your thing....

But,, for me it is the thing I like the most about the necks on the Classic Vibes. it took me a bit to get use to but I have completley converted,, I LOVE the glossy neck....

if you don't like it then yes.. the "3m greenies" will work just fine to knock the finish down to a satin like finish.

5. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

On all my other Fenders I used a 3m pad to smooth the neck but the CV and CVC were so glossy and smooth I didnt need to.

DIfferent people have different oils in their skin some people have said poly feels sticky to them but I have only experienced this on nitro necks.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.