POLL: Which ONE build is the WINNER in your book

Discussion in '2009 TDPRI Tele Build Challenge' started by TDPRI, Mar 15, 2009.

Which ONE Tele do you think should win the Challenge

1. Colt W. Knight -- Lowecaster

3 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. Mark-00255 -- Ketchup Caster

14 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Martyb1 -- CADocaster

36 vote(s)
    16.2%
  4. Guitarbuilder -- Tidycatster

10 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Martino -- Alder Body Blank

27 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. Big Mike Simpson -- Palletcaster

19 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. Irishmail -- Spa-caster

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  8. Maricopa -- Lumbercaster

11 vote(s)
    5.0%
  9. Scatter Lee -- Scattesquire

100 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. Tuxedo

Tuxedo Tele-Holic

The Tidycatster, because only a contest can bring out something as ambitious and wacky as that.

2. mkhhunt

mkhhunt Tele-Meister

All of the builders deserve congratulations - I'm impressed with the creativity - ScatterLee's descriptions and jigs, Marty's great recovery and beautiful final product, Martino's multi-layered graphics, Big mike's copper hardware, Marcopia's lovely blue dano-caster, combo lap steel, and I could go on and on...

I'm amazed that you all completed these builds so quickly. (I'm still trying to figure out binding - probably due to some distraction or another :rolleyes:)

But I'd have to pick Mark's - it's the one I'd most like to have - love the bridge, finish, and neck save. (And it took me a long time to narrow it down to just one...) Close though. Glad I'm not one of the judges.

Cheers!

Murray

3. Fatmanstratman

Fatmanstratman Poster Extraordinaire

I'd like to echo the sentiments already expressed here many times - the whole $100 Challenge was without doubt one of the most interesting, fascinating, educational, entertaining and inspirational threads we have EVER had here on the TDPRI.

I hope Paul won't mind me thanking him via this thread for instigating (and hosting) the whole thing, and I would also thank ALL those who took part in the challenge for their hard work, ingenuity, honesty - and for sharing their creations with us as they gradually took shape. Thanks, guys - for giving so much of YOUR time for US to enjoy......:cool:

It seems unfair to have to single any one entrant out as "my winner" (goodness knows, those judges are going to have a REAL hard time picking a winner!), but I just felt that Scatter Lee's thread had ALL the qualities mentioned above - as well as a superb finished guitar, which anyone would be proud to own. As Martyb1's entry neared completion, it started to slowly but surely gain momentum, and almost threatened to catch Scatter Lee's entry - but fell JUST short in the final reckoning.

A FANTASTIC thread! Thanks again to all who took part!....:cool:

4. es125tcd

es125tcd TDPRI Member

Marty b1's cadocaster ...

Does it for me- I'm a P 90 fan, love the dark burst ( almost reminds me of duane's Hot' Lanta L.P . , the reverse headstock looks unique on a tele !!!

5. clayfeat

clayfeat Tele-Afflicted

I voted for the Scattesquire.

Scatter Lee's thread was one of the best ever!

6. Birdmankustomz

Birdmankustomz Friend of Leo's

I really wish JD's hollowbody had gotten finished in time, it was looking amazing. On the upside for him he knows he gets to keep it now. I love the Martino rat just because of its rusty, ragged look. Of course they all did better than I would have done, my $100 tele is a tele-shaped ukulele, so yea, lol. Great job to everyone.

7. Arlo

Arlo Friend of Leo's

It was fun watching you all build these ingenious instruments of frugality!

I decided to refrain from voting because to this old rocker you are ALL WINNERS!

Cheers Bros! :cool:

8. araT

araT Tele-Afflicted

Nick's Neanderthalcaster & Marty's CADocaster are my favourites, but you all did an incredible job and I'd love to play any of them!

9. chromaken

chromaken Banned

ScatterLees for sure... Great craftsmanship, great use of art skills, looks most like a tele to me, nice and clean, not over done.

10. 2Wheels

2Wheels TDPRI Member

As far as opinions go... I gotta say the creativity award goes to Big Mike Simpson.
    'Outside the box' thinking and creating a functioning guitar from very "raw" materials as Maricopa said. It was his own tele shall we say?
    Serious talent in Scatter's Tele, great craftsmanship. Take the two minds and what would you come up with? Just my 'newbie' opinion.....thx. It has been a blast following all this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.