1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

POLL: If you could only pick one fretboard radius for a Tele neck build, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by gunofasonmike, Jan 19, 2021.

If you could only have one, which fingerboard radius would you choose? (Or pick the closest option)

1. 7.25"

2. 9.5"

3. 10"

4. 12"

5. 14"

6. 16"

7. Compound: 7.25-9.5"

8. Compound: 7.25-12"

9. Compound: 8.7-14.5"

10. Compound: 9.5-12"

11. Compound: 9.5-14"

12. Compound: 10-12"

13. Compound: 10-14"

14. Compound: 10-16"

15. Compound: 12-14"

16. Nothing really matters... to meeeee

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. gunofasonmike

gunofasonmike NEW MEMBER!

Let's settle this once and for all! Here's the scenario: You're ordering a custom built neck for your telecaster that has everything you want, but it's pricey, and you want it to last you for a lifetime of playing... what will it be? Why?

2. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

12”. Cause it’s my favorite. Not too flat, not too round. Narrow/Tall frets, too.

hepular likes this.
  3. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Both my partscaster Strats have a 7.25 - 12" neck and I like them quite a bit.

fendrguitplayr likes this.
  4. Stanford Guitar

Stanford Guitar Tele-Afflicted

What do you see as the advantage of narrow/tall vs wide/tall frets?

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Commission a whole passel of them, all the precise same specifications. The manufacturer should be able to grant you a huge discount, to make 8 or 10 of them as he's setting the works up to make all 9.5-12s with a 1.72 width at the nut, etc. Tommy Rosamond was amazing at this - the discount was mind blowing and so you say you can't use ten necks - then find a number of like minded guys who can form a "syndicate" of sorts. But they got to be alike. And right away you realize they have to be meaningfully different from what FMIC already provides. If you've been falling into a gap, just fill the gap.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  6. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger Tele-Afflicted

It's all too personal and subjective, so not sure what the poll will tell you.

To me this question is about as relevant as asking "if you could only buy one size shoe for the rest of your life what would it be?"

Sorry to rain on your radius parade.

7. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

7.25 - 12" would be nice. The gradual flatness sounds good, but I've never played one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.