POLL - Do you have a tattoo?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Big_Bend, May 30, 2016.

POLL - Do you have a tattoo?

1. I do not have a tattoo, and I do not want one

421 vote(s)
    68.5%
  2. I do not have a tattoo, but I want to get one

26 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. I have one tattoo

59 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. I have more than one tattoo

82 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. I am seriously covered in ink

19 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Do you wish you were tattoo-free ?

8 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. rocking rooster

rocking rooster Tele-Meister

I've got 1 tattoo, 1 earring, 1 Telecaster. What more does a man need ? (apart from another telecaster obviously)

2. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

...... obviously! :lol:

3. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

With well over 200 votes so far, I'm surprised the "I do not have a tattoo and I do not want one" is up to 70%. That is a little higher than I expected, especially since most of us are musicians.

As Chuck Berry once sang, "It goes to show you never can tell".

Also I've never watched a single King of the Hill episode... now I want to go back and watch all of them, preferably in sequential order without having to buy any DVDs. Any suggestions on where can I find them?

Some great contributions in this thread, thanks ya'll... take care...

boris bubbanov and johnnyha like this.
  4. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

KIng of the Hill was on Netflix for a long time. Not sure if it's still there or not. Totally worth getting sucked into. Especially if you live in Texas and have a sense of humor. Pretty sure you check both those boxes!

Big_Bend likes this.
  5. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm not sure how you can get all the KOTH but there are a couple channels around these parts that still air it. There are a few sequential episodes that refer back to a previous one but each one is pretty stand alone. I was drawn in by the way non funny issues are dealt with, up to and including death.

By the way, have you ever committed homicide? A long while back I was googling something in particular and came across this sketch of a dude wanted in a shooting...I thought the resemblance to a younger you was uncanny.

shooter.jpg

6. Tidepoolbay

Tidepoolbay Friend of Leo's

All of my Tattoos are from when I was in The United States Navy.
    USS Ranger CV-61 7th Fleet.

yojimbo and william tele like this.
  7. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

LMAO! :D No, that is not me, I was never that handsome when I was younger, I was an out of shape computer nerd most of my life. Its only been in the last few years that I have rocked up, got my tattoo, and turned into the stud-muffin that I currently am lol.

Netflix does have KOTH, but only on DVD, not streaming. I'll probably sign up for it.

Thx for serving our country! I wonder what percentage of our armed forces these days have a tattoo. Seems like every marine I meet has several.

ttfn....

william tele and Jakedog like this.
  8. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

Based on statistics the people who have tattoos but wish they didn't are the most unique individuals.

9. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't have any, but have always wanted one. I just don't know what it would be. My 75 year old friend has one on his bicep that he got while serving in the Navy off the coast of Nam in the 60's. His sagging skin makes it so ugly (I have no idea what it is) that I'd rather he not wear a tank top, but he has no regrets. I think some are awesome and enjoy seeing the pics here. I'm old school in everything, so I dig the traditional blue ink work. My wife doesn't have one, but really, really wants one. Unfortunately, she doesn't understand the statement thing and would end up with some cute animal. My nephew has a super nice one that tributes the passing of his dog, but it is under his arm pit along the side of his ribs. That had to be some pain to get. There are some great artists out there and I find the whole subject very fascinating. I say, rock on and the more the merrier.

Jakedog likes this.
  10. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm relieved to know you're not a fugitive...(Que the Hag):)

Regarding soldiers and tats, for me that one is easy to understand. First, just to exist in the armed forces requires ultimate commitment to your tribe and your fellow warriors. Inking it into your skin solidifies that commitment. Second, some of these guys do not come back. That alone is reason enough to want something permanently stated for all to see. (If I'm mistaken in this assumption I apologize in advance.)

Yes...THANK YOU ALL for your service!

11. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's

I only have one, a 21st birthday gift from my roommates.

Whenever I take my kids to the pool, I feel like the oddball only having one tattoo.

Illegible script seems to be a popular choice.

12. Coach56

Coach56 One of the Boys

I have one, I got it 42 years ago, basically a right of passage recognizing my military service. ( Long story, much less impressive then it sounds )

In those days it was not that usual to see people with tats, most were either veterans or bikers. Mine is now faded and and I no longer have the size arms I did back then so the text can no longer be read.

I have to admit, I have seen some woman with remarkable, stunning ink, I just wonder what some will look like in 20-30 years.

It is interesting to note how full body and facial tattoos, were used in "primitive" cultures and have made such a comeback in the current culture. I wonder what the heck that says about the world.

I am a firm believer, if it feels right to you, do it, just be sure you can own it long term. Both of my daughters have small tats, but they are in places where they are covered when they are in "work attire"

13. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

boris bubbanov and brookdalebill like this.
  14. johnnyha

johnnyha Tele-Afflicted

Ha! Was it Paula?

Heh, well yeah. Paula… super sweet and talented. Umm… heh. Well I ended up with my beautiful wife Angela. I've chatted with her on FB she's doing great, living the good life out in Spicewood and her career's really been taking off.

Jakedog likes this.
  15. Hippieway

Hippieway Tele-Holic

Don't have one, don't want one. Through out my life There have been things that were important to me but they didn't always stay important to me. Things change, taste change, they are expensive and you are at the mercy of some artist who may or may not have the required skill. Does not compute in my world. You can have as many as will fit on your body just don't expect me to follow you into the parlor.

Georox likes this.
  16. WeTheDorkz

WeTheDorkz TDPRI Member

I currently have no tattoos, if I were to get a a tattoo it would be for a good reason and it would be a whole sleeve... I'll wait till I'm fifty:D

17. Mr. Syd

Mr. Syd Tele-Meister

FB_IMG_1467152626501.jpg

Here's mine, only one (so far).
    It says "Won't back down".

18. cyclopean

cyclopean Friend of Leo's

That's like saying because people have been water boarded I won't go swimming.

Doug 54, yojimbo and Wallo Tweed like this.
  19. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Ad Free Member

Almost did on shore leave in San Fran back on early 70s. Think they only offered a few .

20. elmoscafeo

elmoscafeo Tele-Afflicted

I made it out of the navy (subs from '79 - '91) without getting one. Never had the desire for one and I don't find them particularly attractive.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.