POLL - Do you have a tattoo?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Big_Bend, May 30, 2016.

POLL - Do you have a tattoo?

1. I do not have a tattoo, and I do not want one

421 vote(s)
    68.5%
  2. I do not have a tattoo, but I want to get one

26 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. I have one tattoo

59 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. I have more than one tattoo

82 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. I am seriously covered in ink

19 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Do you wish you were tattoo-free ?

8 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. unbridled

unbridled Tele-Holic

(I shortened the quote)

I dismissed KOTH when it first came on the scene, but have found I really enjoy watching it now. My brother was a propane truck driver for several years, so I started calling him Hank and he christened me Dale, after your Character, due to my somewhat unconventional and oftentimes right-wing ideals.

There is some tasty picking in many of the episodes.

(Sorry for the OT reply)

johnnyha likes this.
  2. GeorgiaHonk

GeorgiaHonk Tele-Holic

You're missing a huge opportunity to get a tattoo of the Dale's Dead Bug van. (BTW, he was my favorite character on the show. The paranoid conspiracy guy who's oblivious to his cheating wife is a GENIUS concept.)

johnnyha likes this.
  3. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Well...I am humbled. I've worshiped KOTH since it came out. Simply brilliant stuff. You did Dale's voice? Incredible...

My daughter dated a kid who took my right handed tele, played the theme...then turned the damn thing over and played it just as good left handed and upside down. I love that song!

Thanks for your work on the show! It brought me many years of enjoyment and laughs...and the sad, dark and cerebral parts really drive things home. Later!

johnnyha likes this.
  4. J. Hayes

J. Hayes Friend of Leo's

I don't have any and never will get one.... I thought we were mentally superior to the south sea islanders and other primitive peoples who used to tattoo each other all over... I can't stand them on women and think it makes them look cheap... My main dislike about tattoos is when some guy (or girl) gets them on their neck or face... I think that would seriously impact their quest for a good job as most legitimate businesses don't want anyone representing them who's covered with permanent ink, would you? Lastly, have you ever seen an old person who's tattoos have aged and distorted as a result of skin stretching and discoloration that all of (us) old folks go through? It ain't a pretty site. Also, how 'bout old people who get tattoos in their twilight years along with piercings..Ugh, Ugh.......JH in Va.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  5. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

fender-telecaster-guitar-tattoos-for-men.jpg tat.jpg tat.jpg fender-telecaster-guitar-tattoos-for-men.jpg No, but check these out

fender-telecaster-guitar-tattoos-for-men.jpg

6. Thin69

Thin69 Friend of Leo's

Wow, now that's commitment! Cool!

7. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

I don't have any.
    They have become too much of a Status Symbol and, for all of the wrong reasons.

I see them as little more than a shield to deflect how people might feel in favor of how the wearer wants them to feel.

I'm all for personal expression. I hold nothing against those who do have them.

However, I'm perfectly happy flying under the Radar.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  8. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I didn't even notice!!! :^)

All I can say is, a friend of mine in Louisiana cuts my hair almost every time, and I will wait a lot longer than I should so she can cut it and make me look less old and decrepit! :^)

If I was old and decrepit and also got a bad haircut, that would be too much to handle.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. nicholaspaul

nicholaspaul Tele-Meister

No.
    Never.

I don't see the need. If you want to express yourself get a t-shirt printed. At least it's easier to change.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  10. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

There are a million ways this post is badass.

I grew up in West Texas, then moved up to the DFW area. Then split for parts far and wide. When I was in WI in the mid 90's, this show was really polarizing. I loved it. It made me feel like "home" when I was watching it. Many thought it was really funny. Just as many thought it was dumb. I often heard "It's not funny like the Simpsons. I just don't believe it's for real. People aren't like that".

I would then explain that I personally knew somebody who was a near exact match for each and every character.

My personal favorite episodes were the one where Bobby wanted to hit the runway and be a boys plus size model, and the one with Willie's family picnic.

"Good god, Bobby! What's next? You gonna hit Dwight Yoakum in the throat with a nine iron?!?"

I miss that show. Congrats on some seriously solid work!

Toto'sDad and johnnyha like this.
  11. Skub

Skub Friend of Leo's

Heh it's funny what gems of info a thread on tats throws up!

Cool as.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  12. JReazor

JReazor Tele-Holic

That's pretty awesome. I dig the triple hare motif. That's an interesting spin on it.

13. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire

You take me too seriously sir! It was meant more as a comment on our already overloaded court system. I'm sure there is at least a few people out there who would go after anyone if they thought they might get a few bucks. I see warning signs on the front doors "The surgeon general has found that tattoos may adversely affect your immune system. Consult your doctor before having a tattoo procedure"

14. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Huh uh! I saw ya.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. johnnyha

johnnyha Tele-Afflicted

Wow thanks for all the kind words y'all. I wrote that Willie episode and got to meet Willie, he pulled up right in front of the recording studio on the Fox lot in his big tour bus, and came out in a cloud of smoke. He ended up the recording session jamming on guitars with Mike Judge, Willie playing Trigger, and we actually put that in the credit roll at the end. He's medicated me several times since and hung out at his ranch in Spicewood TX where I also used to live nearby, and on his bus a few times when I dated his daughter for awhile. There's a guy in his entourage who's only job is to roll joints! He's a gotdang beautiful guy, and a marshall arts expert!! It's nice sharing these stories. I've stayed anonymous for a few years here but I don't really see this place as "social media" anymore where people get nuts - and I'm no "celebrity" thank god I have a regular old Facebook page under my real name. I'm in a unique position where I don't get recognized on the street so I don't have to deal with all the ********, suits me fine. I'm so damn happy to be back in Austin and out of Hollyweird, LA.

Oh so getting back on topic, here is another tattoo I was thinking of getting but somebody apparently beat me to it…

Tumblr_mebq25cm2D1qdxoifo1_500.png

11424761_10205719422122440_9007262836136175931_o.jpg

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    faulp and texastengu like this.
  16. johnnyha

johnnyha Tele-Afflicted

Indeed. All of the shows were scored separately so there's no Seinfeld-esque standard "intro-outro" music, it's more like each episode of King of the Hill is a little movie. Anyway Skunk Baxter from Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers scored a bunch of episodes and a lot of that picking is him. He is a somewhat "dangerous" dude btw, and likes things done his way, the type of guy who you halfway expect might pull a knife out or a gun out of his boot during a recording session if he's displeased. Another episode I wrote the paintball episode, we had an 80-piece orchestra play the "war scene" music live while we played the animation on a giant screen and we put that in the show. The same episode we had a fresh young up-and-coming band named "Green Day" play the rival paintball gang. We spent a day at their home studio in LA (there was a giant bong sitting on one of the speakers) recording joke songs for their punk band in the episode ("My baloney has a first name, it's H-I-T-L-ER!"). When they recorded the joke songs they decided at the last minute to switch instruments to make it sound more authentically bad - so Billie Joe played drums, Dirnt played guitar and Tre Cool played bass. It was still badass. A month ago I got a royalty check from ASCAP for those songs for 8 cents, I have it framed.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Big_Bend and unbridled like this.
  17. yojimbo

yojimbo TDPRI Member

^^THAT is awesome. (the tattoo)

johnnyha likes this.
  18. yojimbo

yojimbo TDPRI Member

pretty cool. Skunk is a fairly well rounded guy. wouldn't surprise me if he could make somebody disappear. "Let me hear ONE MORE CLAM, man, and YOU are a MEMORY!" lol

Jakedog and johnnyha like this.
  19. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Maybe some passing Canadian can put this little PSA in context?

doodle.jpg

20. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Ha! Was it Paula? She's a plenty fun gal, and super sweet and down to earth.

Here's a pic of us the night we did a show together in Cleveland-

[​IMG]

It was funny to get the call for the show, because I swear I had JUST done the Lucas show immediately before. Not more than a few weeks.

I joked with Paula that all I needed was a show with dad and I could call it "The Full Nelson Tour". She didn't seem amused. Lol.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    El Tele Lobo and johnnyha like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.