POLL - Do you have a tattoo?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Big_Bend, May 30, 2016.

POLL - Do you have a tattoo?

1. I do not have a tattoo, and I do not want one

421 vote(s)
    68.5%
  2. I do not have a tattoo, but I want to get one

26 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. I have one tattoo

59 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. I have more than one tattoo

82 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. I am seriously covered in ink

19 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Do you wish you were tattoo-free ?

8 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

No and never will. They're a generational difference I guess.

My kids don't have any either though my son might get one some day.

All I see when I see someone with a lot of tattoos is eventual regret.

2. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nice. I was looking for the opportunity to say I like your new avatar better than ... whatever it was before :D

johnnyha likes this.
  3. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

Not for me thanks.

But if it floats your boat then go for it.

4. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

Nope. Don't have any and don't want any tattoos or piercings.

You don't spray paint graffiti on the side of the Taj Mahal. I don't mark up or punch holes in the "temple" God gave me to take care of, either.

Some of them are "interesting" and many are downright ugly, but I don't judge anyone based on their tats or piercings. I judge them based on how they treat other people, especially those less fortunate than themselves.

El Tele Lobo and tintag27 like this.
  5. Thin69

Thin69 Friend of Leo's

Very cool story Johnny! Love the show!

johnnyha likes this.
  6. unbridled

unbridled Tele-Holic

This is a very poor picture of my one tattoo:
    [​IMG]
    It is an old-school sparrow that is a memorial to my adopted Grandpa who was a POW in World War II. It also has some other meanings. It's just low enough on my arm that the bottom of it just barely shows, depending on how short the sleeves on my T-shirt are.

I would like another on my other arm that incorporates elements of things important to me. I have a design in my head that's been there for 10 years, so I guess it's important enough to me to go ahead and get it.

7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I think if you want a tattoo, have the money, or can trade for it or whatever you ought to have one. I personally feel you really shouldn't be offended if an old guitar player eyeballs your tats in the checkout line at the supermarket though. Not something I want, and I'm glad so far no one in my immediate family has them, but that would be their business should they decide to get one. Man or woman if you first had a miniature black dot tattooed on your rear end as a young person, and it now is stretched out to read Truth Mankato Minnesota I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT! Not even in the check out line! :D:);)

moosie likes this.
  8. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I only judge people based on their driving skills and record collections.

9. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's

I have a spider on my back. I like spiders. It doesn't mean anything other than I like spiders. Nothing hidden about it. Nothing memorable. Just that I like spiders :)

Here's the pic. I'm fairly hairy so I'll spare you and not actually show the picture. But here's a link to the picture if you really want to see the spider :)

http://schelin.org/weight/dscn4254x601.jpg

Carl

10. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

That's as good a way as any!

Jakedog likes this.
  11. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire

Don't have any tat's. Don't think poorly of those that do.
    I did hear an interesting story on public radio about a doctor recently. He's been studying the effects of tattoos on the body's immune system. The ink is a foreign invader to the skin. The immune system attacks it. This is why over time tattoo's become blurry, and loose their detail. The more tattoo's someone has the harder the immune system must work to fight all the "infections". He believes that too many tattoos can actually overtax our immune system and make us more susceptible to other types of infections. An interesting hypothesis.

Tonetele and Toto'sDad like this.
  12. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Man, if they ever substantiate that...it's gonna be interesting...

13. Treynor

Treynor Tele-Holic

Just one:

100_0283.JPG

tintag27 and johnnyha like this.
  14. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Uh, well, just hold on there little forum pardner. Toto has been bugging me to let him get a tattoo likeness of William Tele, and his bagpipes, but if it's gonna cause health issues I think we're just gonna have to hold off on that one. :eek::D

El Tele Lobo and william tele like this.
  15. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire

It could lead to people being forced to pay higher health insurance premiums because of excessive tatoos, much like tobacco users, alcoholics, or people suffering from obesity. Tatoo artists could be inundated with lawsuits from angry customers. The lawyers are going to love it!

16. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity

I have the same view as piercings as I have with TATs , I could see me getting one if I lived through a tumultuous event and survived, but for my self mind you (IMHO) I couldnt see me getting pulltabs placed on my tongue , eyebrows , lips, nips or other ! just for shock value doesnt do a thing for me, Now in a past life I was an airbrush illustrator and I love the art and artform , just dont need it on the 24 track bod.

At aparty once some one pulled out a trivia game and one question was "If you were to get a tatoo, what would you get and where would you get is?"
    My answer was a mermaid on my butt and a fish hook on my...........
    I thought it was a stupid question.

17. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Years ago I met some Survivors of some of the atrocities in Europe back in the late 1930s, early to mid 1940s, who had somehow made in through.

They had some tattoos on them they didn't like (to put in mildly) and I just felt it would be Disrespectful of them then, Disrespectful of their Memory today, to adopt the practice. I want Every young person to understand what happened back then was very wrong, and I feel like if everyone goes and gets a tattoo it makes it seem like these people were not Violated to the full extent I feel they were.

Flakey, Tonetele and Fiesta Red like this.
  18. johnnyha

johnnyha Tele-Afflicted

Interesting take, I agree there have been horrible things people have done to each other in the past, at the same time I have a few Jewish friends with some wicked tats...

19. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

I'm not a fan of tattoos, but I think there's a world of difference between a sorority girl getting a butterfly on her ankle or a US Marine getting the globe & anchor on his bicep, and people being branded like cattle. Tattooing is an ancient practice that greatly predates the 1930's/'40s.

I met a survivor once who said he was defiantly proud of the number on his arm- "the people who put that there are gone, but I'm still here!"

El Tele Lobo, Flakey, Jakedog and 5 others like this.
  20. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

No tats for me either. But my grandfather had a cool one on his upper arm...just black ink but very detailed. It was a sailing ship at sea and the detail in the waves was incredible. He was a Marine between the World Wars, back when our foreign policy was "speak softly and carry a big stick." He spent a lot of time in Central America before getting assigned to the USS Langley (CV-1). I'm guessing he got that tat somewhere in southeast Asia.

johnnyha likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.