PodGo with the band ....

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Ringo, May 24, 2020.

1. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Saturday I got a chance to try out my new Pod Go with the band. In our area with the phase 2 reopening up to 50 people can meet, we only had about 10 and not all in the same room and we were spaced apart pretty well.

I ran the PodGo into a Peavey KB60 keyboard amp with the tone controls flat, actually bass and low mids were cut some on the amp, volume around 3. I had the volume about halfway up on the PodGo.
    I used my new to me PRS CE24 in both humbucker and split coil modes.

The amp models that I tried were the Deluxe Reverb , Twin Reverb , Litagator clean, Archetype clean and gain, the Jazz Rivet models.
    I will have to get it dialed in but I was able to use it pretty easily. I just used factory presets and then stompbox mode to turn effects on / off.
    On one song I used the Archetype clean then went to the Archetype gain for the solo, and it worked fine with no real lag.

The experience was different for sure, for one thing was the amp was across the room a bit , not behind me, but I still got some good sounds, both clean and with moderate gain for solos.
    It was so good to play with real people again!

I'm looking forward to really digging into this unit, making and downloading some presets, and I'm getting a Headrush FRFR108 which I am sure will sound better than the keyboard amp did.

I've tried modeling stuff on and off for a long time but I think this unit is going to work well for my needs, it's compact , easy to use even for a non techie like me! And it has some great sounds in it.
    For the price of a couple new pedals I think it's a knock out.
    I'll probably never use all the available sounds but they are there if I want to experiment.

3-Chord-Genius likes this.
  2. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

Hey cool! Can you post a real review of this thing when you get some time with it? I'm quite interested in them.

3. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

There are a lot of YouTube videos and a PodGo Facebook group, also a pretty long thread of posts about the PodGo on the gear page TGP.

4. JUSS10

JUSS10 TDPRI Member

Just ordered my POD GO today. I've been running an HX stomp with a full pedal board for the last year but wanted something even simpler. I play mainly at my church. We've been making the switch to modeling from amps on the stage and so far I'm really digging it for that type of situation when its all in ear monitors on a large stage. Hoping it'll get here by the end of the week.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.