1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pod HD500x - what are you running it into at home?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by jammers5, Jun 18, 2015.

1. jammers5

jammers5 Tele-Afflicted

Just wondering what everyone is doing at home....I run it straight into the board for gigs and practice but at home I run it into a practice amp (Traynor Darkhorse) which sounds COMPLETELY different. Was wondering what the alternatives were, don't mind dropping a few bucks to get a home set up that is similar to running it into a PA!

J5

2. Esprit

Esprit TDPRI Member

No experience of multi-FX units but interested in trying one. If the amp and cabinet sims are engaged can the unit be output directly to a home audio system? I assume that is the same in principle as connecting to a PA? Alternatively I understand a SS acoustic guitar amp is effectively the same as a PA so would that be a viable output option for milti-FX?

3. Steve_U1S

Steve_U1S Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I run my PODs (each generation - currently using HD Desktop) directly into my computer at home... then I can record at a moment's notice, etc... and is consistent with using it live into the board.

4. jammers5

jammers5 Tele-Afflicted

Now this is a great idea! Thanks! What output setting are you using?

J5

5. Jamie Black

Jamie Black Friend of Leo's

When I had my pod hd300 I ran it into a powered harbinger PA speaker.

Sent from my Apple Interocitor using TDPRI

6. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

HD500 and I run the two line outs into an Alesis Multi-Mix 16. I also use the direct link to a DT50 amp which I can then mic and also bring it into the mixer. I actually have never tried driving another amp or even a cab out of the HD500 but should try it.

7. Steve_U1S

Steve_U1S Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Direct mode - it's a perfect match; it's expecting wide range amplification in that mode.

I do use a mixer simply to attenuate and make it convenient to get my friend's POD signal in there so that we can live-record and such.

8. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

I use a Yamaha mini mixer MG10XU - acts as a USB interface to my MAC too for recording on a whim. Plug multi-fx in to mixer using the 'line out' setting on the multifx.

It goes into my DAW, let's me mix back from my PC and plays through some powered Rockit5 studio monitors but a hi-if aux in would do on a budget

Great price too.. Got multifx, two synths and a drum machine & sequencer through it now.

9. PeterH

PeterH TDPRI Member

I'm about to finalise my fifth video in my series on the HD500X and this one deals with plugging the unit straight into the front end of a Marshall tube amp.

A lot of users have mentioned that they get great tones out of it by going direct but being very disappointed when plugging into a guitar amp.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.