Poco - Calico Lady

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by boris bubbanov, Oct 17, 2020 at 5:43 PM.

1. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Man, I just feel a lot better, listening to this a few times.

If only this could have lasted.

Jim W, schmee, superjam144 and 2 others like this.
  2. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Me too, I was into them from the beginning. Just FYI there's a documentary in the works on Richie Furay. There's a link to a GoFundMe page on his website. Poco, Burritos, Byrds, Band...all got me listening to country and "countrified" music.

schmee and boris bubbanov like this.
  3. Cowdog

Cowdog TDPRI Member

4. bowman

bowman Friend of Leo's

They did some great songs. I saw them live in their prime, and they were the real deal. That was a great era for that genre of music.

Jim W, Greggorios and boris bubbanov like this.
  5. Cowdog

Cowdog TDPRI Member

Former band mate Rick Lonow has been with Poco since 2014. He’s an awesome drummer that left our band to work with the Bellamy Brothers in Nashville. Rick got a gold record co-writing Pocos hit “Call it Love” and is playing on three Grammy award winning records for others. Played with giants in the industry as a studio cat. Just goes to shows ya you can’t keep em down on the farm when they get the call. I’ve had the privilege to work with great drummers but Rick is not only that but a gentleman of the finest order too.

elihu, superjam144 and Greggorios like this.
  6. superjam144

superjam144 Tele-Holic

My dad showed me "Rose of Cimarron" one night. One of his favorites... Seemed to be sort of forgotten music of a day gone by. And I enjoyed hearing it, because I know it is a special song to him and his generation.

Greggorios likes this.
  7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Normally I'm a Union Man, but every time I meet an I B E W member I think of the role their meddling had in the wreckage of the original lineup. No doubt I have a sour look on my face.

This is just one of those bands where I think the chemistry could have worked - it was happenstance that things went sideways and every single personnel change was clearly for the worse.

Greggorios likes this.
  8. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I liked Poco a lot. It was a time where things changed fast though, from the Byrds on everyone moved around to different groups...

Greggorios likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.