Plectrum

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by bcorig, Jul 23, 2019.

1. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

42CB66DD-2BD5-423D-8CA1-0E47D0A170DB.jpeg About three weeks ago I heard “In The Year 2525”, a OHW from 1969. Got me wondering what happened to old Zager and Evans so I went to Wikipedia and found that Denny Zager makes guitars. https://zagerguitar.com/home/
    Rummaging around his website I found he sells these “EZ Play” Carbon flex guitar picks. I figured “what the hell?” and ordered 5 for $19. Four balloons per pick.
    Well, it’s been about 10 days and I must say these plectra (is that a word?) have made a noticeable positive impact on my playing both acoustic and electric. It doesn’t shift in my hand like my Dunlops and Fenders. It is smooth but remarkably does not slip from my fingers even with reduced pressure for lighter or gentler strumming (these others often fell from my fingers) My picking seems more precise as well. It still seems a bit odd to me but I think it’s real (for me).
    The website states Johnny Cash uses them which I thought was an exaggeration considering, well you know.

P Thought, smartsoul72 and DonM like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.