I need an amp stand for my 5e5a pro. Needs to be:

Able to take the weight
Enough load bearing fulcrum for a top heavy, tall amp
Folding/portable
Not be crap or look crap!

I don’t ask for much, do I?

Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic
Looks like there are a few good choices.
download (1).jpeg
images (3).jpeg
images (4).jpeg
712788000000000-00-1600x1600.jpg
41icVPpgxXL._AC_.jpg

Found on Reverb, Sweetwater, and Lowes.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter

I have three of the 7500s (below). They are good for a heavy amp...and the rear post raises up to steady the back of the amp (I have one up to ~30 inches at the moment).

--And--

I have four of the Musician Gear Deluxes below and primarily use them for smaller/lighter amps and cabs. When I put a taller cab on them, I have two pvc pipes cut for added height and a diameter to put on the rear uprights to raise the point of contact on the amp/cab. These are good stands, but the instructions for them leave things off balance if one puts it together as instructed. It takes an eyeball and some experimentation to get the amp mounts situated for a particular application (I have them set up two different ways at several heights) in the lower legs/stand.

Happy Hunting!

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Hi all,

Able to take the weight
Folding/portable

I have two of these: https://www.long-mcquade.com/15525/Guitars/Stands/Ultimate-Support/AMP-150---Amp-Stand.htm

I use them on a 64' Custom Hand Wired PR (30/lbs~) and a 57' Custom Deluxe(30/lbs~). My only complaint is that they tilt back too far for my needs so I have to put a couple of books under the rear leg. Otherwise, they're solid.

If you were standing, as you would be on a stage, the back tilt would be fine. I use them in my family room to cut the bass, and I'm sitting down right in front of them. Recommended weight capacity is apparently 75/lbs.

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Presley

Friend of Leo's
I have two of these: https://www.long-mcquade.com/15525/Guitars/Stands/Ultimate-Support/AMP-150---Amp-Stand.htm

I use them on a 64' Custom Hand Wired PR and 57' Custom Deluxe. My only complaint is that they told back too far for my news so I have to put a couple of books under the rear leg. Otherwise, they're solid. I'm not sure what the recommended weight capacity is.
I had one of those buckle under a Twin Reverb once and drop the amp on its side. The crash from the reverb springs was magnificent. It's been milk crates and sturdy chairs for me since then.

gpw5150

Tele-Meister
Thanks gang, will take a look. Always good to hear realistic in use issues - don’t really want a few grands worth of amp on it’s arse.

**sorry to hear about the Twin!

Edgar Allan Presley

Friend of Leo's
Thanks gang, will take a look. Always good to hear realistic in use issues - don’t really want a few grands worth of amp on it’s arse.

**sorry to hear about the Twin!
That Twin is probably out there somewhere still working hard. Great amp. I traded it for a Bassman a few years ago.

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I have a few. This is the best one for compact and adjustable for a medium/small amp.. Folds up real small. Even includes a mic boom! Mine was only $25 , looks like they have gone up.

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
I've only ever used one or two of these, they come in a variety of colours, and can usually be found (and then abandoned) at the gig, so no worries about transporting:
1642541336374.png

There are 'vintage' versions too (that wood has to make a big difference to the tone, right?):
1642541245077.png

I'll see myself out.

gpw5150

Tele-Meister
Something like this…

5C307BB2-D632-4D7B-AB0B-F9B4F9B916E5.png

I am being a bit underhand with this whole amp stand ask tbh. The other guitar player in my band is very much; ‘he is the lead player’. I don’t mind tbh because the songs are easy and I really get little joy out of 70’s Rock covers, so, playing rhythm and adding a few nuances gives me quite a peaceful time at gigs and rehearsals. However, the ‘lead’ player has decided to change amps from a combo to a head and cab and is now mounting his cab higher up on a chair or whatever he can find and turning it up a bit too loud. So, i figured that I give enough leeway as a background player for 90% of the time (i get the odd lead on more modern / rock-a-billy / funky songs), but I am gonna fight in the volume wars!! I don’t think the guy realises that my 5e5 is barely on 3 most of the time (except when I use the attenuator and natural overdrive) and I have a Marshall 2203 and 4x12 in the garage that he has never seen, should things escalate…

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Hi all,

Able to take the weight
Folding/portable

For that amp, I would look at this stand…https://www.musiciansfriend.com/acc...-tiltback-amp-stand/450728000001000?pfm=arecs

It would be nice to have the measurements and weight load specs, but I don’t find them…even in a distributor’s catalog. here‘s the OnbStage sire with specs…

The question would be “Are those 18” ‘upper back arms” tall enough.”
I am going to think that they might reach that upper back panel.

Wayne Alexander

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
If the goal is to point your speakers at your head instead of your ankles, or to point your speakers so they're not beaming straight into the ears of the front rows of the audience, and you don't literally need the amp itself higher, tilt-back legs are a better solution than a separate amp stand.

gpw5150

Tele-Meister
Saw this on ebay, made me chuckle:

1642593491255.png

'Please be aware, this is a delicate and fragile item......'

Guess I won't be buying that!