Please Recommend Combo Reverb/Tremelo Pedal

ndcaster

Doctor of Teleocity
those Hydra Flint comparison videos are interesting

the reverbs are different, and I'm close to saying the Hydra has more 'character' or something

I'll have to check them out together in person

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
I can't recommend any reverb pedal, but you can get tiny tremolo pedals. I like the Joyo Molo-Trem and the Kmise one with the bull on it (pretty much the same as the Joyo with the dog).

Telesaurous Rex

TDPRI Member
Thanks to all that voiced their opinion. Man, forgot all about a stand alone unit like the Victoria. How cool is that! Don't know if I want to spend that kind of bread, though. Mr Black looks like a good basic pedal that doesn't have the extra voices of the others. I'd like to check one out. The Fender Tre-Verb pedal looks like it has everything I would want. The Flint and Hydra seem very versatile. Those are my top-runners.

Gonna try to find a place in town that carries these pedals. Thanks again. Happy New Year!

EugeneWeemich

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
I have two or three tweed circuit amps that have no effects and have been thinking about adding a pedal that would add reverb and tremolo. A combo pedal would be preferred as that is about all of the space I have for an addition on my board. Also, I need something that would sound good on the front end as none of these amps have effects loops.

So far the Strymon Flint and Keeley Hydra have caught my attention. Anyone here use either of these pedals? How do you like them? Can anyone recommend another pedal that they like that would fit the bill? Thanks!

Also...look into an Oceans 11.

Larrydata

TDPRI Member
I have two on my board running into a 5e3…a Flint and a Source Audio True Spring. The True Spring is a better verb but the Flint is a better trem. You have to do some secondary functions to activate the trem on the True Spring, and I control it with their optional mini switch.

I vote Flint if you need only one pedal.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Just a thought, from the minimalist side of the world: If you actually had reverb and/or tremolo on those amps, you have spring with one control and tremolo with two. That could be done with two inexpensive clone pedals after some youtube demos.

OTOH, I'm sure it's nice to have something like the Flint with all its options. Not that you'd likely use most of them... but you have them to choose from to find a couple sounds you like. Then you'd probably use those couple of setups almost exclusively.

Mr. Black looks like a nice run up the middle on everything.