Please recommend alternatives to thinlines?

Anacharsis

Tele-Holic
Try this:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...-classic-vibe-70s-telecaster-thinline-natural

I have the Vintage Modified version from several years ago. It’s my favorite neck of all my guitars. I think this is what you’re looking for.

PS - that’s mine in my avatar.
I have that same Vintage Modified model, and I put Mojotone 72 Clone pickups in it. It's a really great guitar, although the ash on it is very dense. The guitar is over 7 lbs despite the chambers.

The only Teles I play are Thinlines. I love 'em. I've also got the MIM Cabronita, a CV Thinline (69 style - I swapped in an MIM neck), and a Modern Player Thinline with P90s.

Here they are. From left to right: Modern Player, CV Thinline (pictured with the original neck), VM 72, MIM Cabronita:

teles.jpg

Last edited:

FSRCustomTeleHHGT

Tele-Meister
I thought I was the only one. Why the hell doesn't Fender make a "thinline" without the F-hole? I have tracked guitars at Sweetwater where you can pick the one you want and they list weights. The lighter ones almost always go first.
The "F" as in Fender hole that Leo's hand-picked luthier Roger Rossmeisl put on the thinline back in the late 60s? I doubt 2 out of 100 would want a "thinline" without the stylistic thing that actually makes it the classy version of a Tele that it is. Fender certainly understands that, but you could always cover it with a bumper sticker or something. ;)

Mine:
$(KGrHqF,!i8FCzKwo7qyBQ0jTTKw-w~~60_12.JPG

JeffBlue

Friend of Leo's
This is my Warmoth build thinline. It isn't a dual humbucker, but it is what I wanted. The lightning bolt sound hole is all my idea and I created that.
IMG_0202.JPG