1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

PLEASE, let's send some love to Mandy Marie

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by garytelecastor, Dec 16, 2016.

1. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

This is going to be one of those threads that really require everyone's participation.

We all know the tragic loss we suffered with the passing of Big John. John and Mandy met here on the boards, fell in love, married and moved to Austin Texas. For John, that wasn't a simple thing. He was from England, but he and Mandy loved each other very much. Once in Austin, they began to slowly work their way into the music scene and in a very short time were top call players in the area. John was an amazing musician and he and Mandy both fit into the Austin music scene like peas and carrots.
    Mandy is much too modest to make her accomplishments known, but the thing is that Mandy has made quite a name for herself in the town, and has worked with some very big bands. She is a very talented singer and player, and what is more important is a sweetheart and a genuine, kind, fun person. She has a lot of fans in Austin.

I am asking everyone, to please, send her some love.
    If anyone deserves it, it is her. She has been on here almost since the start of the site, and her posts and knowledge betray a deep and strong understanding of music and the telecaster guitar. She plays several instruments, and has an open heart for her fellow musicians and friends.
    For a while she is going to making some changes in her life, and it would be very nice if we could let her know that she has a lot of friends, fans, and support here at TDPRI.
    So PLEASE, send her some love, and let her know.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  2. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm in. Love, friend, fan, support. No advice.

3. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

What a coincidence; I looked her up on FB just the other day, and I almost left a note to say that we missed her here on TDPRI, but at the last second I thought it seemed kinda stalky...

4. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Huge fan of John's, loved every live clip I've every seen of Mandy - best of everything to her this Christmas !

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Hi Mandy.
    I saw your band once at the Frisco on Burnet Rd.
    Y'all sounded great.
    I play guitar with the Audrey Malone Band and Billy Dee, among many otters, uh, others.
    Miss you here at the TDPRI!
    Still in Tx?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  6. Guran

Guran Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I have been missing her posts for a long time! Yes, Mandy Marie, we miss ya!

(Starts singing "Were are you tonite, Where are you tonite"...)

7. RevMike

RevMike Poster Extraordinaire

I've been keeping up with her on FB. Such a sweet, caring woman. She's like a Tele-slingin', poor man's Dolly Parton. Much love and support for MM!

MandyMarie and william tele like this.
  8. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

Mandy, you rock!

MandyMarie and garytelecastor like this.
  9. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah, Mandy Marie, we love you here, and miss you. I hope you will come back, and look forward to hearing about your gigs, gear & life. I remember your posts on playing with Marty Stuart, that was great.

10. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

I think this site lost something special when Mandy stopped coming around. I've missed her humour and spirit.

Come on back, Mandy. But make sure you bring your cargo shorts.

11. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I miss seeing her posts. Wish only good things for her from here on out.

MandyMarie, william tele and Cog513 like this.
  12. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

There's no one found when searching "Mandy Marie" here? I don't know who they are, but every member here brings something when they come and takes something with them when they go.

It would be nice if everyone stayed , but even the minimal squabbling that goes on here is enough to drive some people off for good. Can't imagine how many people pass through other forums, this one seems to have a lot they stay on for the long haul.

13. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

14. Throttleneck

Throttleneck Tele-Afflicted

Would to see Mandy come back. Her posts where always entertaining and loved her take on things.

15. tele-rain

tele-rain Friend of Leo's

I've never had any interaction with Mandy Marie or Big John, but I do recall several posts asking for prayers and such. Judging from the vibe and love of those posts and others I'd seen around, I can easily see that Mandy Marie is extremely well liked and respected around these parts. I would love the chance to encounter some of those posts going forward, so please do come back! Also, I'm one of the few ladies of the forum, at least that I'm aware of...so if nothing else, come back to tip the scale ever so closer to a balance here :cool:

16. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'm a relative youngster to the board and I remember Big John n Mandy Marie. We need some of her flavor here.

17. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

About 6 years ago I mentioned here that I was about to have some surgery. Mandy Marie contacted me privately to share her experiences of a similar operation and to offer encouragement. I was very touched. Apart from her obvious talent she's a class act and I hope she doesn't give up on this forum.

18. TMMC

TMMC Tele-Afflicted

I'm unfamiliar with Mandy Marie, but as a part of this forum who finds more and more value and friendship each time I visit, I feel comfortable saying that my prayers are with her, as well as my offer of friendship way out here in Utah.

19. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Love ya Mandy Marie! Miss you here but know yer keeping busy with the band and all. Always glad to have you here if it feels right.

20. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

I'll chime in that I miss her Posts as well. We are here hanging out, drop by for a visit:)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.