please help

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by teleplayer1982, Jul 8, 2009.

1. teleplayer1982

teleplayer1982 TDPRI Member

hello every one, I am posting this in the right place, I hope if not let me know I will move no biggy, anyway I have an old Fender Princeton Chorus, the one with two ten inch speakers, what I am trying to figure out is this, If I get my hands on a chassis from either a Princeton Reverb or Vibrolux Reverb will it fit or can I take the ss chassis of the Princeton Chorus out of the cabinet it is in and replace with either one of these tube amps? Thanks in advance any help or input will be greatly appreciated. As they say here in the Mountains of West Virginia, especially in Lincoln county where I am from, much obliged

2. Ben Harmless

Ben Harmless Friend of Leo's

Hmm.

This is probably the right place, but I'm a little unsure of what the goal is. Are you looking to get a 2x10 tube amp out of this? If so, there are options.

...Although, there's a possibility that the best option might be to just buy the tube amp of your choice and run it into a 2x10 cab.

3. JohnnyCrash

JohnnyCrash Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I doubt you'll be able to simply pop in a tube amp.

It might take a little bit of creativity and perhaps a handtool or two to get one to fit in there. It might not look pretty either. On the other hand, it might be simple enough and look great.

What are the measurements of the current Princeton's chassis? How much clearance is inside the cab? Will the speakers block tubes or transformers from hanging down?

4. marshman

marshman Poster Extraordinaire

I'm one of the folks that tore the guts out of an unloved SS amp and built a simple tube amp in the chassis. I had to install a proper power transformer, which required hogging a large chunk of metal out of the chassis, as well as mount an output tranny, which it didn't have at all. I had to drill/grind holes for sockets for all the tubes (5 of 'em) and the circuit board standoffs. That was it for the 'big tools' work, after that it was all soldering and srews/nuts. While there was no brain surgery or rocket science involved, it's probably not as easy as starting with a kit where everything is known to fit together.

Mine is in the "homebrew amps, let's see 'em" thread we have going here, towards the beginning, if you'd like a look.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.