1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Please help me put together a blackguard with modern specs.

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by rich2k4, Oct 23, 2015.

1. rich2k4

rich2k4 TDPRI Member

Please help me put together a blonde blackguard with modern specs.

I am having a really hard time finding an off the shelf telecaster that matches what I want. I am hoping people here can help point me in the right direction or can point me to someone who can build one for me.

The vision I have in my head is a blackguard replica, but one that has a 9.5 radius neck, trussrod adjustment at the headstock, either a compensated 3 saddle, or 6 saddle bridge, and modern tuners. I want a nice strong classic tele tone, but not something that is too low output.

I really prefer to have a correct telecaster headstock and the fender logo. But I'm not sure if it will be possible in this case.

I am really hoping you guys can help me bring my idea to life.

2. rich2k4

rich2k4 TDPRI Member

I am having a really hard time finding an off the shelf telecaster that matches what I want. I am hoping people here can help point me in the right direction or can point me to someone who can build one for me.

The vision I have in my head is a blackguard replica, but one that has a 9.5 radius neck, trussrod adjustment at the headstock, either a compensated 3 saddle, or 6 saddle bridge, and modern tuners. I want a nice strong classic tele tone, but not something that is too low output.

I really prefer to have a correct telecaster headstock and the fender logo. But I'm not sure if it will be possible in this case.

I am really hoping you guys can help me bring my idea to life.

3. JCzuR98

JCzuR98 TDPRI Member

Hey, do you have a price in mind that you would like to spend? There are certainly some Teles in the Fender line that match your requirements.

4. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Ad Free Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Fender-...284783?hash=item58c7fbb86f:g:MvEAAMXQ1ZhTe7-D
    or this one
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Fender-...717878?hash=item20e5c30976:g:jfMAAOxy3yNTe5vl

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOADED-Fend...266029?hash=item58ceb7ad6d:g:dbMAAOSwVL1WDtqN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Fen...487036?hash=item43cc4e37fc:g:PV0AAOSwEK9Tw~JG

A decal is not included with this search because it's not a Fender.

Buy the parts and put it together, or have a tech do it. You now have a blackguard with 9.5 " rad and headstock adjustment with a maple or rosewood fretboard. 3 brass saddles and Fender pups. Tuners are cast with the Fender logo.

Where do I send my bill?

5. August_West

August_West Tele-Meister

Ron Kirn "Ol Blackie" http://ronkirn.com/blackie.htm I have a Ron Kirn Barnbuster & it's a very fine instrument. Talk to him about the pups you have in mind, he winds his own.

6. kyussvegas

kyussvegas Tele-Holic

7. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

Any deviations from blackguard specifications makes it a telecaster with a black pickguard...

8. rich2k4

rich2k4 TDPRI Member

I am going more for the visual look of one rather than exact specifications. Replica was the wrong term.

9. Martinp

Martinp Tele-Afflicted

I kinda did the same thing, I liked the look of the 52 reissue, but I hated the neck, and the pickups weren't really working for me either. I bought a nice used AS neck on Ebay, a Musikraft body, and I did a Reranch butterscotch blonde, and put an amber tint on the Maple neck. a black pickguard, and a set of 280/290 Lawrence nf pickups, has the look but with modern amenities. it's what "I" want. I'll put up some pics tomorrow.

10. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

I built a 51' Broadcaster from MJT (body) and Musikraft neck (9.5 radius and 1" from 1st fret to 12th fret). It is the perfect blend of vintage and modern for me. The vintage side of it is the body being nitro and the correct shape. Light 2 piece ash with relicing and checking. The neck is also nitro and worn in on the back for easier playing. Hardware is almost all aged Fender stuff. I never saw the need in paying over $100 for a bridge plate. The standard ashtrays work just fine. The modern touches are brass compensated saddles, and electrosocket jack and modern wiring (bridge, both, neck) on a 3 way switch. I have a set of Don Mare Donocasters in it and they sound great. Even a set of Fender OV's would be a great choice. You can easily make one to these specs from $800-$1200 depending on how crazy you get with parts.

11. Aaron1061

Aaron1061 Tele-Holic

I second the GC BSB ASH telecaster. It hits all your marks and is relatively inexpensive, especially if used.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.