1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Please help identify amp

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by rdwhitti, Apr 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

Hi! There is a so-called "hand wired 5F1 Clone" on the local CL which is obviously NOT an exact copy as it has a tone knob, but I was wondering if anybody has seen anything that looks like this.

https://austin.craigslist.org/msg/d/hand-wired-clone-tweed-champ/6530131891.html

The seller started at $400 and is now down to $300 but I don't know if it is worth even that much. I don't know if it is a kit and/or who makes it. Any clues?

dan1952 likes this.
  2. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Afflicted

Looks like a recovered Juketone. Chinese 5f2.

JustABluesGuy likes this.
  3. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5-W...554554c&transAbTest=ae803_1&priceBeautifyAB=0

It looks broadly similar to any number of hand wired clone amps from the far east. They can come in any shade of covering and grille cloth the buyer requests.
    The UK company Juketone imports them in tweed. Others have had them in black. The oxblood looks quite nice.
    If you dig deeper into Aliexpress, DHGate and others of that ilk, you'll find them.

JustABluesGuy likes this.
  4. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

OK thanks so much for the replies. Yes it does indeed look like the Juketone, probably the same as all of those others as well. There are not a lot of reviews available but there are a few that sound quite good for the price.

5. ChicagoFats53

ChicagoFats53 TDPRI Member

Looks like a kit amp, very well done. First "Champ"
    Iv'e seen with tone control, but I do know there are some out there.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.