1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

PLEASE, Give Me A Rating On How Well I Did My Job...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

So, I took my car to the dealership to get a recall item addressed. I didn't have a ride so I figured I'd wait for them to complete the work. I went to the customer service area but there were six customers waiting in a small room and I wasn't gonna hang out in THAT Petri dish. That meant I had to wander the lot which made me ALMOST buy a used Lexus RX350. Luckily, my wife would have killed me so I did not do that.

Anyway, they finished the job and by 2pm I was on my way. But, I had to bring them the car on MY time and MY money for THEIR recall. THEN, I get an email asking for a star rating of my experience. Really?

You want me to rate you on the job you're being paid to do normally EVERY DAY? Do I send YOU an email after a snowstorm asking for you to rate me doing my job because I got your power back on? Guess what? THAT'S MY JOB! I'm not motivated to do a better job for you because I'm seeking approval. I do my job because it's my job and I'm making good money to do it and everyone gets the same awesome work from me because it's my personal goal for ME, not you.

I remember when I was a kid. My mom and dad would have someone go above and beyond what they were being paid to do and my folks would rave about that. How "They didn't have top do that!" and "That was WAY more than I expected them to do!". Now we go crazy happy because they just DID THEIR JOB!

What kind of world have I inherited? (DON'T ANSWER THAT OR THE THREAD WILL GET KILLED. THREAD ASSASSINS NEED NOT APPLY.)

2. BigBillow

BigBillow Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I give this post 5 stars (because 4 is, apparently, horribly insulting and some customer service person will start crying and moaning to me over email)

BTW, congrats on not buying a new car...make sure your wife remembers that nice time GAS happens!

3. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Btw, Mr. Service manager, if I haven't asked to speak to you personally, consider the job done well enough...

Also, if I'm at a restaurant and the waiter/waitress did a great job and went above and beyond, I like to ask for the manager. The server says "ok" and hovers slightly between customers. I start out by saying to the manager "If I was a manager, I'd want to know when my staff did something wrong or otherwise dropped the ball in some way..." I love to watch the manager get ready for the bad news. "So, it's only fair that I should let you know when they've done something REALLY good." Manager stands a bit straighter and is noticeably relieved. " *insert server's name here* was exactly the kind of server I wanted. They weren't all over me when I was trying to eat but didn't ignore me when I needed something. So and so made sure I got this or that and was there making sure everything was right. I was really happy with the service and the food and I would absolutely tell ALL my friends about this place and tell them to ask for So and so for their server." Manager beams and server is chuffed. Sometimes they give me a complimentary dessert, although that's not my goal. I just want the manager to know what's going on in their restaurant.

Drives my wife crazy...

4. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Part of this problem comes from an evaluation system where the mfgr holds a boulder over the dealer's head.
    Anything less than 5 stars brings the dealer some misery.
    Since they used your time, etc for the recall/retro-fit, it could have been a nice gesture to comp an oil change or wash & vac the car as a thankee. . .

There's no mfgr threat hanging over my head, so I'll rate the post a full *****
    :D

Peace - Deeve

MarkieMark and Torren61 like this.
  5. loco gringo

loco gringo Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

JD Powers number 1 in customer satisfaction. That is how they get those ratings. It is meaningless crap.

The survey industry amazes me. I'm amazed that it exists and that it is so damn huge and that companies waste so much time and effort trying to get ratings! I went to Wal Mart and picked up prescriptions at the drive thru. They texted me wanting a rating of my experience. Seriously? It is a freaking drive thru prescription pick up. You want a rating on that? Wash my truck while I'm there. Feed my some fries.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Lake Placid Blue, Stubee and Torren61 like this.
  6. Engine Swap

Engine Swap Tele-Afflicted

I had to take my Honda in for the Airbag recall. Not happy about this.

In at 7:30, out by 8:15. No up-selling AND they washed the car.

Not the dealer I bought from and not where I get service. 5 stars Muller Honda Highland park.

awasson, SRHmusic, studio1087 and 4 others like this.
  7. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

Didn't they also do a "Safety Check" on your vehicle, and present you with an invoice for, oh say, at least $6K in "needed" repairs?
    Every time I've had recall work done, they try to scare me into making an appointment for "needed" repairs.
    Nuh-uh.

SRHmusic, Fiesta Red and Torren61 like this.
  8. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Recalls are the ONLY reason to ever go back to the dealer once you bought your car/truck.

Service and their used lots (trade-ins/auction vehicles) are often their biggest sources of income.

9. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I go to the same pharmacy and pick up my two medications on a regular basis. They know me, they don't have to give me any instructions, I've been on the same pills for quite a while. They hand me the pills, I poke my credit card in the thingy, we're done. IT'S ROUTINE! Every time I go there after I get home, my phone gives off that annoying boing that I got a message. It's the pharmacy wanting me to rate them. When we buy groceries, they want us to rate them. I had a grip put on my golf club, they wanted me to rate them. In fact, I think it's the credit card that causes this stuff, but I don't think they'll take cash anywhere anymore, and it's probably because of the ratings thing.

10. Toto'sDad

So, you don't like four hundred dollar oil changes?

11. Toto'sDad

Feel privileged! We had to wait over a year for them to get around to fixing our Honda Airbag recall. I should have taken the loaner.

Torren61 likes this.
  12. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

I hate that also. And then I found out that they now contact our customers (I do commercial refrigeration so mostly grocery stores) and ask them to rate our service. I told the office that, unless you’re calling to write me up about it, I don’t care how they rate it. I just do my job.

Torren61 likes this.
  13. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

If any dealership service department can do anything on your car while you wait, they should be congratulated.

If it is a recall, they should be thanked for giving you a notice and fixing it before you die on the highway from it.

You should get a medal for bravery for driving off the lot, an untested multi-thousand pound hunk of machinery and feel lucky that something hasn't fallen off at break neck speeds ... yet.;)

Whatever they repaired, I hope they remembered to tighten the bolts.:twisted:

Signed,
    Someone who has never purchased a brand new car.:D

telemnemonics and Torren61 like this.
  14. PoorNoodle

PoorNoodle Tele-Meister

There’s research showing that if you ask customers about their satisfaction...it causes their satisfaction to decrease. So yeah...they should have left you alone...

telemnemonics, Torren61 and Obsessed like this.
  15. esseff

esseff Tele-Afflicted

Every time I get an email from eBay asking me to rate/review a purchase it goes straight into the electronic bin. Once I've left feedback, the transaction is over. I'm not in the (unpaid) advertising business and I don't leave harsh/damaging criticism that can't be responded to either.

EsquireBoy and Torren61 like this.
  16. Jimclarke100

Jimclarke100 Tele-Afflicted

Exactly.
    Unless they really do deserve a kick in the pants...

Torren61 likes this.
  17. Buckaroo65

Buckaroo65 Tele-Holic

I'm not gonna give out survey cards to the audience after a gig,(gods save us), if no cabbages flew, I'll just assume we did okay.

Lake Placid Blue and Torren61 like this.
  18. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

I have two standard replies to requests asking me to give a review on something I purchased. First reply is "it works" second is "it's rubbish".

Torren61 likes this.
  19. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the A1 job you've been doing keeping the power on!

Better?

Torren61 and Lake Placid Blue like this.
  20. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Wait, what?
    You leave feedback?
    If I don't open a claim I must be satisfied!

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.