Please allow me to introduce myself...

sharmanism

TDPRI Member
Welcome. What acoustic have you 99% locked into?
Many good Aussie made acoustics available ......... Maton and Cole Clark get some praise here.
Looking at a couple of Yamaha acoustic electrics around the $700AU mark - seem to be pretty good bang for buck.

Would love a Maton or Cole Clark some day but they're a bit beyond my price range for now.

sharmanism

TDPRI Member
"Amp will be a Katana Mk2 100. Will be"....... pretty good choice....'but I am biased'........

You would never be disappointed with a similar duo.........

Telecaster + Roland/Boss/Katana........consider the foot switch I have shown........worth it's functional weight in pieces of gold

[PS...the roller stand was for the AC 30..................ouch]

Derek View attachment 1001367
Very nice

kbold

Friend of Leo's
Looking at a couple of Yamaha acoustic electrics around the $700AU mark - seem to be pretty good bang for buck.

Would love a Maton or Cole Clark some day but they're a bit beyond my price range for now.
Yamaha's have always had consistantly good quality, and great bang-for-buck.
But wait .... you're a man of wealth and taste. You probably can afford a Maton.

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Welcome from Albuquerque, New Mexico. Good luck from most of us, who were where you are at right now. A used Classic Vibe Tele is generally decently priced. I even believe the popular youtuber from down under, who has the 'In the blues' channel, has reviewed a Classic Vibe Tele. Good luck in your search.

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
Welcome to TDPRI. Here. We've got a couch. Lay down. It's obvious therapy is required and we're here for you. What led to your leave of absence from the world of guitar playing? It's OK. You can speak openly. We won't tell anyone. The amp you mentioned. That's a monster. How did you reach a level worthy of that beast yet fail to follow through? (OK Bob. Start taking notes). During your first sojourn among the lofty who call TDPRI home, we accept all guitar players, when did your moment of instrumental crisis occur? Was this strictly instrumental or was there a social influence that turned you? The insidious lure of computer generated music? Another instrument? Possibly a reed based amazonian flute or Rhino horn coronet? It wouldn't be the first time. We've probably seen them all. I'm sure that with a proper regiment of rehabilitative reversal "down time", and "string" therapy we can bring you to a place you failed to find in your prior instrumental endeavor.

And again ........Welcome aboard!

Eddiebaby1

Tele-Meister
Hi and welcome!
I've just got Tele'd up for the first Time this year. Now I have two and am selling my Strat to buy another.
Addictive buggers.

GeneB

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Greetings from Tampa. Once you get the Tele pick up a Mustang Micro headphone amp. Once you try it you'll be impressed - good combo for practice.